Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra parts help  Bottom

• Hi folks, new here after just purchasing a 1983 Nacra 5.0. I've done lots of monohull sailing, but this is my first catamaran! I'm really looking forward to learning how to sail it, but first it needs a bit of work.

The hull repair and refinish is no problem as I have done a lot of fiberglass work on other boats, but it needs a new mast ball and the big bolt the ball is attached to, new standing rigging, trapeze wires and shock cords. Any advice on where to buy these parts?

Thanks in advance,
    Doug
  • Murray's Marine on-line sells all those parts. If you have a local Nacra dealer they can get them for you also. The boat is still in production so you can still get all the parts.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Murrays

http://www.murrays.com/

edited by: skarr1, Nov 10, 2009 - 10:51 AM
  • Thanks folks.
  • where do you sail?

PS please fill out your profile

edited by: andrewscott, Nov 10, 2009 - 12:05 PM
  • I have the mast base bolt and some good used rigging as well as some beams.

email me at danberger @ mindspring.com for pics.
  • Go to either Murrays or Performance Cat site and download a parts list. It will be of great value in specifying what you need.
  • Doug,
    Chuck Wheeler at The Sailboat Shop here in Austin can help you....

His number is 512 454 7171

You should join us at the Austin Cat Fleet meetings. We have roughly one regatta a month and we sail most every weekend from AYC. http://austincats.net

Please let us know if we can help.

Cheers!
    Bo

edited by: gbkersey, Nov 11, 2009 - 08:43 AM
  • Just a plug for working through a dealer. You will get prompt, sound technical advice and the parts will fit. If there is a problem (like my furling assy that Murrays erred on and defective daggers from the factory) the dealer will resolve it. Dealers do by the way order stuff from Murrays. They also can get you stuff in a hurry if you break something.

• Chuck is "the MAN!" I love going to his shop and just hanging' a bit. I always buy my odds and ends there and he is just a great wealth of knowledge and experience. Are you planning on sailing travis? I have spent most of my youth in Central Tx, so dont hesitate to ask where some good spots are. Maybe I can even join you for some fun! Always good use an extra hand steeping the N6.0 mast :)

Good Luck!

edited by: turtlecat, Dec 14, 2009 - 10:58 PM
  • turtlecatChuck is "the MAN!" I love going to his shop and just hanging' a bit. I always buy my odds and ends there and he is just a great wealth of knowledge and experience. Are you planning on sailing travis? I have spent most of my youth in Central Tx, so dont hesitate to ask where some good spots are. Maybe I can even join you for some fun! Always good use an extra hand steeping the N6.0 mast :)

Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip. I'll stop by and talk to Chuck soon. I have the boat in pieces and am refinishing the hulls right now. Good winter project!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.