Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Solcat 18 rudder question  Bottom

• My Solcat 18 came with rope to pull the rudders into the up position. I have seen from pictures of Solcats on-line that most rudders have elastic shock cord to pull up the rudders. I imagine that this would make life a lot easier since you only have one cable to manage to bring the rudders up or down instead of having to balance releasing the rope and pulling the cable. Where is the end of the shock cord that runs through the tillers attached to and how tight to you tie this? Is the shock cord secure enough to keep the rudders up when trailering or do you have to tie the rudders up to keep them from bouncing?

Thanks
  • Hey Tom I will send you and e-mail with some pic's of how I have mine set up.

Jeff O

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • I currently don't trailer with the rudders even on as I don't currently have a way to ensure without any doubt that they will stay that way.

unless you have a way to be sure that they will stay up I recommend not trailering with them on.

I wouldn't mind other peoples views on this and ways of dealing with it as I would love to have less setup/take down time. my current setup I remove the pins for each rudder and fold the entire setup in on itself. I then lash it together roll a canvas tarp around it and put in the catbox.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • ohmsjHey Tom I will send you and e-mail with some pic's of how I have mine set up.
    Jeff O

Jeff,

Please share your rudder setup pics with everyone by adding them to the Beachcats Technical album. If you need help with that, send me a PM.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=10570

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.