Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Help to find Rudder yoke  Bottom

• I have a nice fibre hiking stick but I can't use it because the yoke bolt broke.
    http://20v.org/tmp/yoke.jpg
    It is for a Hobie 16, but the standard yoke is much wider and the cool stick won't fit the standard yoke. This one is pretty much 2cm square (smaller than stock). I have no idea about the stick, it has no markings. Will I have to get a yoke fabricated ?
    I have searched around, found some 'standard', which I am sure is not what this is. Thanks
  • That looks like the Hobie 18 Yoke, part number 3205 on page 56 of the Hobie catalog.

I couldn't be sure without measuring one, but you could call any Hobie dealer to order.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thanks for the tip, but the 3205 is the standard yoke on hobie14-21 which is too big. I think I may have the weld broken and try to refab it.
    Thanks
  • Have you considered using the stock part and just adding spacers such as nylon washers? Just a thought that might save you a bit of cash.
  • Yeah, I was thinking just use a longer quick pin.

Or, taking another look at your picture, could you drill out the bolt that broke and just replace the bolt?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • It is welded in there, but I could try with a drill press if I can find one to use. The hiking stick rather than being a tube that fits inside the yoke, has ears that fit over the outside of the yoke. I can make the ears fit over a standard yoke, but the design of the ears only allows the stick to be perpendicular to the ground to about 60 degrees, when of course I need 90 degrees.
    The hiking stick company must have had these made up. Here is the underneath pic
    http://20v.org/tmp/yoke2.jpg

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.