Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H16 New Trampoline Advice  Bottom

• Any idea how much 1/4 line I need to buy to restring a H16 tramp (I am 5 hours from my boat and need to buy the rope in advance) ? Is there are guide, or a place that discusses stringing technique ? Certainly I can look at how the existing one unstrings.

Not related if you're still looking, the right end of my rear track has no end stop and I can't seem to find one. I put a stainless screw there but the car knocks it out. Should I just fashion one using a metal plate that slides in the track with a drilled screw hold in the middle to tighten it ?
    Thanks
  • [quote=ob2s]Any idea how much 1/4 line I need to buy to restring a H16 tramp (I am 5 hours from my boat and need to buy the rope in advance) ? Is there are guide, or a place that discusses stringing technique ? Certainly I can look at how the existing one unstrings./quote]

Relacing the tramp is easy beans. Center line 19' aft you will need 2 15'. I used 1/4 inch line that a friend bought to use for halyards on a monoslow. No stretch, I don't know the type of material.

Lace center first, starting forward working aft. Make sure you pull as much slack out as you go aft. The aft I think I had someone lacing one side as I did the other. An attempt to make the trampoline as tight and equally as possible.

Hope it helps!
  • thanks.
  • In reference to your traveler line going all the way to the stop. It is best to put a figure 8 knot in your mainsheet line so it cannot go all the way, have it stop about 6 inches from the end. Even if the proper stop was there, in a heavy air gibe or other situations if the travler goes all the way with force it can, and more than likely will, damage the travler car or even blow it apart.. As for the proper lengths of line for the tramp the previous poster is correct, unless you have a tramp with double grommets in the center and if you do you will need twice as much line for the center section.
  • Figure 8 it is thanks, I did find this reference too.
    Hobie 16 Tramp Guide
  • QuoteIn reference to your traveler line going all the way to the stop. It is best to put a figure 8 knot in your mainsheet line so it cannot go all the way, have it stop about 6 inches from the end

Great idea, Hullflyer! Just did that, except I used a double overhand knot ;) In fact once in a while you gybe accidentally no matter how careful...

Dan

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.