Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

G-Cat Manual  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• scubayachtsI have a g-cat manual 5.0. I have the original brochure for it as well. I have all the original paper work that came with my 5.0. Damon admin, I can mail all my stuff to you to publish on here if you like?

That would be great, I love to make this stuff available here, really helps the next new owner. I'll send you an email.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I am also in urgent need of a g-cat manual. The boat was sitting by the road with "free" lettering on the side with electrical tape. Thats why the boat is "Freebird". But most of the rigging is missing. I appreciate any help I can get-

Thanks

Gil Groendyke
    gilgroendyke@gmail.com
  • +1 for getting the full manual up on the site!
    @giljaneg: I posted some info previously that has illustrations of the rigging but no real specific details... hopefully the manual will help once it gets posted! I have a 5.0m sitting in my driveway so if there is anything specific that I can help out with in the mean time feel free to ask and I'll do my best to share what info I have!!
  • I haven't hear back from scuba about the manual, but while we are having this discussion a G-Cat 5.0 just got posted to the classifieds.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…at-5-0-with-trailer.html

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I've just received an absolute treasure trove of original G-Cat material from member scubayachts. It will take a while to scan it all but here is a preview.

It would be great if anyone else that has a stash of material on out-of-production boats could share it like this.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=80920&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Quote I appreciate any help I can get-

Gil, you should remove your email address. The net is full of spambots that look for just such postings, it can lead to a world of trouble. Use "contact the member" or PM to get hiold of people here.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I've scanned the original G-Cat "assembly manual" and created a downloadable 8 1/2 x 14 PDF. Since Hans created this before personal computers it appears to have been completely hand-drawn and then copied. I tried to clean it up as well as I could without losing the "character" of the original. In some cases the text was nearly unreadable so I replaced the text in Photoshop while trying to keep it looking natural.

Please download the file to test, I don't happen to have any legal size paper to test the printing, so if anyone can download and print it let me know if you find problems or if there are details that need to be enhanced.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=80967

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • QuotePlease download the file to test, I don't happen to have any legal size paper to test the printing, so if anyone can download and print it let me know if you find problems or if there are details that need to be enhanced.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=80967

Looks great to me!! Thanks for getting that uploaded as a PDF.

Can't wait to see all of the rest of that documentation you have to scan!!

Edit: This doco is awesome btw... I finally know the proper way to rig the boom and mast for mast rotation! I had no idea what that horn was at the bottom of the mast! Thanks again for your efforts.
    -Dan

Edited by phatmack on Jul 11, 2011 - 10:53 AM.
  • phatmack
    Can't wait to see all of the rest of that documentation you have to scan!!

Coincidentally at about the same time I received all that physical material from scubayachts, another member almax00 uploaded 12 different G-Cat documents from 1983. Some are the same things I've received but others are unique, including a price list. The are all good quality PDF's.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=80976

phatmack I had no idea what that horn was at the bottom of the mast! Thanks again for your efforts.

I bet a lot of G-Cats have been sailed without the Teflon mast-chip which evidently is installed after the mast is raised but before the forestay is tensioned.

Looking carefully at the original assembly manual for a boat can be a big help even if you've been sailing it for years. I recently slowly re-read the Hobie 18 assembly manual and found something I'd been doing wrong for a LONG time. Sometimes methods change for the better, but it's always a good idea to try it the original way.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.