Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

My second voyage went "Not so good!"  Bottom

• I towed my boat down to Clear Lake Iowa yesterday to take my son and his girlfriend out. I had the boat on the trailer:
    http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/johnsue_2009/IMG_2077.jpg

Anyway, I guess I never figured I could hook the side stay cables up and walk the mast up, (Stupid!), so as I'm walking the mast up I lose my balance, (second mistake, had a stoke in 2002, and my balance sucks anyway). Long story short the mast leans to the right, so do I, and the base of mast snaps off as I fall to the sidewalk onto my back. I think I broke a couple of ribs, and knocked the wind out of myself for what seemed like an eternity! And in front of a bunch of people! Look at the pic, it's quite a fall off the boat to the ground, but I'm one tough 50 year old! lol.
    Anyway after that we were pretty much putting her away, and a lady drove up and asked if we were getting ready to sale the cougar, (popular boat in Clear Lake 30 years ago), about 5 people going by asked where I got a Cougar at. Told her what happened and she said her husband used to build those, and might have a few parts lying around. She called him, and guess what? He had the whole mast sitting under his deck and no boat, FREEBIE! Now, I have 2 masts for my 39 year old boat. Talk about luck, I can still walk, and I got my boat fixed like 5 minutes after I broke it up! wooooot!

Now, if I could just laugh without hurting! This video was the first thing I thought when lying on the ground moaning trying to breath..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKhZ8l1n8A

edited by: cougarmarkIV, Aug 12, 2009 - 04:11 PM
  • you are lucky! you should fall more often !!! (just kidding) but good score! and great video.. .(thats what she gets for trying to cheat) :)
  • andrewscottyou are lucky! you should fall more often !!! (just kidding) but good score! and great video.. .(thats what she gets for trying to cheat) :)

I played that video for my son and girlfriend, they laughed their butts off and said I sounded just like that, but without the oh, oww,oh,oww. roflmao

I also found out the Cougar was basically made in Clear Lake, IA, no factory per say, just a couple of guys who decided to build a good sailboat. That's why, google never showed any info...............They were pretty much a local boat!

edited by: cougarmarkIV, Aug 13, 2009 - 09:28 AM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.