Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

pfd preference  Bottom

• Okay guys, I am looking for a low profile pfd that does not squish the chest icon_eek . I have no idea how many women are floating around here but someone has a wife or a girlfriend with a preference. Please advise. i tried a unisex from extrasport today and it was a no go. I am looking at the stohlquist line right now but it is hard to tell and no one nearby stocks any women specific in the low profile. Thanks!
  • i would suggest you go to a few stores and try out as many as you can..

even walmart and sports authority, kmart sears etc...
  • Thanks, I have tried all of wal mart kmart target . No sports authority here but also academy and bass pro. I have a short torso to start with. I may just have to order several and send back what doesn't work. The one I have now I keep taking off because it either hitting me in the chin or I can't bend. Rural america has its pros but shopping choices are not one of them.
  • I have a Extrasport Chica for my wife, and as my spare. It is actually a kayaking vest but has a fairly low profile and room up top for the chest. You might give it a shot, both my wife and sister-in-law like it compared to standard pfd's.

http://www.extrasport.com…s/canoe_kayak/chica.aspx

Hope the link works.

edited by: smfinley, Jul 23, 2009 - 11:09 PM

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • We also like kayaking vests. Lots of pockets and they work well with harness.
  • Just put in an order for the chica from black creek outfitters. Price wasn't bad either. Thanks for the advice.
  • Hope you like it, let us know what you think. Black Creek prices look good, I picked up a discontinued color last fall from the REI.com clearance as my spare. Makes my wife happy since everyone isn't using hers now, so she doesn't have to adjust it everytime she goes out.

I use the Extrasport Sabre, it has more pockets on the front and is also low profile, one pocket that fits a marine radio very well and another for a whistle, cat tool, etc. I think both are very comfortable for extended periods of time.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • i have tied a little line on my pdf that i use when on the wire..

my pfd rides up my chin if i dont use it.. it allows me to unzip my pfd and holds the vest together but with a space.. so i can be comforatble
  • MTI Allagash, got it at EMS originally $90 got on sale $40.00.....incredibly comfortable, tried on a few other makes at different places but this one fit me the best by far. I am 5'9" 160 lbs....

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.