Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Missing my Cat! and whining.  Bottom

• Greetings from Cape Cod Mass where I am on vacation, although the office seems to be forgetting that point. I'm loosing three precious summer weekends due to this vacation and a business trip to China where because of the swine flue, I need to leave Saturday to make a Tuesday meeting.

Anyway, thank god we've had seven perfect outings of late. Today I rented a 19 foot day sailor with my kid and my father and law in light air. Felt good to have tiller in my hand and wind in my sails but twas not the same. Like a brick with sails.

Then I lose another weekend to a bike trip, ok thats fun, and then another two week business trip overseas and over labor day weekend!

I do hope we get a long fall.
  • We have had a long Spring so far so I am hoping Fall is still a long way off (hasn't felt like Summer yet). Still have not had a 90 degree day in Chicago this July, and only a couple in June.

It was 65 degrees with 15mph winds on Saturday on Lake Michigan. A little cool for on the beach but just fine for wetsuits on the water.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • come on global warming.. Larry needs a warm September . . .

All kidding aside, even though i sail a lot, i still feel bad if i miss any good chance to sail.

yesterday it looked like storms so i packed in my cat before noon.. and was pissed that i wasn't out there floating in flat air and dodging lightning...
  • lawrencer2003Greetings from Cape Cod Mass where I am on vacation

Where are you at on the Cape? I use to live on the canal. If you are heading south on your way home make sure you stop in Newport even if it is just for a few hours.

• Nice weather Scott. We have had the opposite problem in Dallas. More than 10 days of 100+ F and either no wind at all or too much wind.

A trip out on the lake over a month ago left me striped. My skiff boots + neoprene shorts blocked all the sun, but my legs lobstered dispite the SPF 50. Haven't made it out since due to a combination of weather, recovery time (from burn) and wife giving birth. There always seems to be something, but we don't really have a time of year when you couldn't get on the lake and sail.
  • it is 92 degrees and 5-10 in mobile,al. the water is 85 degrees. but i am stuck in work till the weekend(which is is going to rain) speaking of which, does anybody recomend not sailing in rain/thunderstorm. i race for a university and it rains every race. so hard you cant see the next bouy.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • Quote speaking of which, does anybody recommend not sailing in rain/thunderstorm.

well as you know (if you race) that in the rain you tell-tales are about worthless.. so its harder to get the correct trim.

and thunderstorms usually (always) have lightning.. so there is a risk... that being said.. after reading many posts and talking with many people... no one has ever seen.. a cat undersail get hit... many on the beach, at mooring and especially with a ground...
  • What do you race for the university?

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • mma600psi
    lawrencer2003Greetings from Cape Cod Mass where I am on vacation

Where are you at on the Cape? I use to live on the canal. If you are heading south on your way home make sure you stop in Newport even if it is just for a few hours.

Eastham - Sailed on Wellfleet Harbor/Bayside (one of my faves for sailing). We used to live in Jersey and have been to Newport many times. Its back to Beantown to stay with friends and then "home" via logan to Chicagoland. The wife is a Bostonian. Even though I'm ragging that I'm missing Lake Mi and my Nacra, I do love this place!
  • smfinleyWhat do you race for the university?

we race flying juniors. they are similar to 420's. they get on a plane nicely but they are not as much fun as a cat.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.