Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

THE LAKE IS FULL!  Bottom

• Bummer of a day. Decided late this morning to make a day trip to the lake and try to get some sailing in. Most of My Sailing has been at Bear Lake UT which can get crowed on holidays but even then I've never heard em closing access to more people.

Well we were trying to decide between Pineview and Deer Creek Reservoirs. Ended up going to Deer Creek as it was a bit closer and is supposed to be fairly reliable for wind I was a little more certain where to put IN.

When I first got there I was worried . I hadn't been there before and it seemed pretty small and was just full of motorheads. I didn't see a single sail. When we got to the launch area were were told it was full up. Tried both launch sites same game. To top it off water has been so low for so long in UT and now it is high all the beached are under water so there really wasn't even a good place to get wet.

To top it off the wife left her wallet in a shopping cart in the parking lot of the smiths we grabbed the last of our supplies at on the way out of town. We decided to just head home and try to see if we could find it. We eventually got a call from one nice person who found her ID and most of here cards tossed all over a apt parking lot.

When I watch shows on TV that show miles and miles of nice open empty beach. I find my self wishing I lived right there with my boat on the beach mast up ready sail in a couple minutes.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.