Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

BLOCKS,RUDDER  Bottom

• I HAVE A SOLCAT 18 ALL OF THE LINE,BLOCKS AND SHACKLE ARE MISSING. WOULD 2 RONSTAN 29MM FERRULE EYE HEAD AND A HARKEN SHACKLE BOW 5MM WORK? THERE IS A PART ON THE TILLER HANDLE THAT IS MISSING THAT HOLDS THE RUDDERS DOWN WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PART? I BELIEVE THAT THIS PART SWIVELS, THAT IF YOU HIT SOMETHING WITH THE RUDDERSIT WILL RELEASE.
  • judotim,

We have some Solcat sailors here so hopefully you will get some info.

Please avoid typing in all caps, online this is taken as SHOUTING and also is much harder to read. Lots of people won't reply to posts in all caps.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • judotimI HAVE A SOLCAT 18 ALL OF THE LINE,BLOCKS AND SHACKLE ARE MISSING. WOULD 2 RONSTAN 29MM FERRULE EYE HEAD AND A HARKEN SHACKLE BOW 5MM WORK? THERE IS A PART ON THE TILLER HANDLE THAT IS MISSING THAT HOLDS THE RUDDERS DOWN WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PART? I BELIEVE THAT THIS PART SWIVELS, THAT IF YOU HIT SOMETHING WITH THE RUDDERSIT WILL RELEASE.

Are you talking about the blocks on the jib clew?

Or the ones on the front beam?

I can email you some pics if you like. The size is fine, as the jib sheet is 5/16 from factory (I run 3/8 now)...but I thing something without the ferrule eye head is better suited.

Also, my shackle has a pin that keeps the blocks from riding up the shackle and wearing on the sail.

Dan

edited by: DaC, Jul 18, 2009 - 06:33 PM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.