Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

location recommendations  Bottom

• Hey sailors..
    can anyone recommend good spots for launching a trailored 14ft cat in Florida, from Tarpon Springs north on west coast ..
    and or rental locations for beach cats..same local
    heading there next wk w/ 2 kids
    thanks
    Gary
  • I do not know Florida at all, but the way I have located good launching and landing areas as well as marinas by using google earth. You can download it for free and basically pan the area you want to launch from. If it is a marina get the street its on and google search for the actual name and phone number.
  • i dont know tarpon but south of it is palm harbor then dunedin. There is beach launching and a trimaran rental shop there.
  • Where exactly are you going to be in the West Coast? I have to agree with Andrew that the best place to launch is Dunedin. Technically you can launch off of the causeway at Fred Howard Park, but... the causeway is closed till Sept, and I really wouldnt use it. Most of the sailors in North Pinellas Co. and South Pasco Co. come to the Dunedin causeway. Off the causeway you can sail the protected and spacious inter coastal, and have easy access to the Gulf.
  • Thanks guys..I'll be in Tarpon Springs just N of Dunedin..will try causeway there..do i just ask for launch site locale or is it obvious..when i get to Dunedin?
    where is Fred howard park?

Gary
    aquacat14
  • Here is a link:

http://www.tampabaycatsailors.com/maps.htm

If you follow the causeway out and turn in just past the concession/rental stand. Unless you are there at o'dark dark thirty, you will see the rest of the cats out there. You will want to get there before 11:00a Sat and Sunday, else you might not get a spot, or have to launch further west out the causeway, where it gets rocky.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.