Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18 damaged traveler cleat assembly  Bottom

• On the rear cross beam of my P18 is a an aluminum "wedge" that hold the traveler cleat swivel assembly. I over stressed the aluminum wedge and loosened the rivets. I can now "move" the wege up and down by 1/4"!!! As we know, this needs to be riveted tightly to the crossbeam.
    1) How do I remove the old rivets and rivet new ones?
    2) What size rivets and type do I use?
    3) Where should I buy them?
    The traveler cleat assembly was also "bent" and will most probably need replacement. Where can I find this.
    It was windy and we were flying!!!
    Many Thanks!!!
  • Hi All,
    Just want everyone here to know I finally fixed the problem. I ordered new parts recommended by Steve (I think?)at Murrays Marine, and all was easily repaired. As worried as I was about drilling out the rivets and installing new ones...it actually was extremely easy. To any new sailor facing re-riveting....don't sweat it.
    Thanks
  • I am having trouble visualizing how there can be that much stress on the traveler cleat and wedge. When I got my Prindle 16 I had the same problem with a loose wedge and bent traveler cleat. I assumed the previous owner had hooked the main sheet to the cleat rather than the traveler car. This way it would pull up on the cleat and wedge resulting in a bent cleat and loose wedge.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.