Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18 Jib bridles / tramp space  Bottom

• I am new to Prindles but I am sure some of you have a neat cure for this. I have an aftermarket tramp which has no gromets in the center. The line between the jib bridles is tight between the bridles, but this leaves little or no space for my crew to sit. I tried removing the line completely for recreational sailing but it wont point for beans. I need a way to secure the bridles in position without taking up the entire front of the Tramp.

Thanks,

Bill Beach
  • It might just be me but the Prindle 18 Jib bridles take too much tramp space even with the line of grommets down the middle. Seems like the worst possible place to me. Probably the pet peave I have with my P18.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Which set of holes do you use. I used the set furthest aft because all
    of the pics I have looked at seem to use these holes. Mine is a P16 and I
    took her out on the maiden voyage today. Light winds but it sailed well.
    Back to the lake tomorrow.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • I had a grommet issue with an old trampoline and the shock cord for my trapeze lines. I marked the spots on the tramp and took it to a local boat shop. They were able to add two brass grommets for only a few bucks.

J. Mueller
    Prindle 16
  • Put two milk crates under the tramp, then a short 2 x 4 atop. Now take a grommet kit from hdwe store and put grommet just where jib block lies on tramp. Better if you put a 2" sq of webbing under the spot before pounding in grommet. Now tie jib blocks together UNDER the tramp. Have good memories of sailing P-16 in Muskegon. Pete
  • make sure they are stainless steel or 100% brass (use a magnet to check). Neither brass nor ss should attach to a magnet. Lost of brass isn't 100% (has lead in it)

If they are magnetic at all.. they will rust!

edited by: andrewscott, Jul 20, 2009 - 10:08 AM
  • If you are really looking for tramp space, I would suggest a G-Cat as they have a forward tramp as well. The placement of the jib blocks on the P-18 are for performance not comfort. The G Cat is a great boat, I owned and sailed one in 1980. The front tramp was terrific, at that time they also came with a boom tent for camping, another great feature that I wish some of the manufactures would consider again.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.