Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Furling Assy on N5.8NA ?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• mummp
    andrewscott
    lawrencer2003what line do you use in your furler? Looks quite thick in the picture?

and why do you have a turning (cheek) block on your foil? I dont think there is any mechanical advantage to a 90% turn?

if you are refering to the picture of my boat and Steve's boat, it has the turning block for a couple of reasons.
    1) the line enters/exits the drum more cleanly. (there is no farelead)
    2)provides a cleaner box area between the foil and front beam (nice when rigging the boat or climbing back on after capsize
    3) stays out of the way of the over rotator (forward mounted)
    4) I like it that way!

All good reasons!
  • Philip,

I will take the mast down and check lengths.

Measure from the point of contact with the mast correct?

No point in going out without knowing. I've been around this boat, my last boat and mechanical stuff long enough to know when something aint right.

Thanks

Larry
  • You can pull the boat over on its side, and get the measurement.
  • I put her over on her side today and guess what? The forestay on the furling kit is exactly the same length as my normal forestay. Dropped the mast and reinstalled all the old gear. Sending it back. I won't try this again till next spring. So few sailing days this summer!
  • Larry,
    I would ask them to cross ship you the proper replacement forestay. It really is worth the effort to get the furler set up properly. Stay the course.

--
    Philip
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.