Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Jib for a Mystere 3.5  Bottom

• I recently bought a mystere 3.5 and it looks like it is set up for a jib and it came with everything except the sail itself. Any ideas where I could get one or if any other ones out there would work? Thanks
  • safetyharborsailorI recently bought a mystere 3.5 and it looks like it is set up for a jib and it came with everything except the sail itself. Any ideas where I could get one or if any other ones out there would work? Thanks

A "3.5"? Are you sure? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure you don't mean "5.3"? That'd be 17', which makes a whole lot more sense. Where are you? Where did you get it? Who made it? Got any pictures?

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • I know that it seems strange. It is definitely a 3.5 - 12ft. I bought it in Oldsmar FL (west coast of Florida in the Tampa Bay area. I am in Safety Harbor which is the town next door. It's a great little cat. I bought it because I live across the street from Tampa Bay and I wanted something light enough that I could roll across the street by myself. It's defenitely set up for some kind of front sail. It has tracks for the blocks on either side of the tramp lenghtwise on the cat. The main wire from the front of the mast that comes down in the front also has an extra loop on a 6" wire. Looks like it would take some sail about 12'. I have not been able to find much on the 3.5s I guess because they were mainly sold to rental shops. I did find an old PDF online for a 3.7 that could be ordered with an optional jib. I am traveling today but I'll try to take pictures soon. Cheers
  • Wow - that's weird. I've got a Mystere 17 - let us know when you've gotten some pictures up and we'll see if we can help.

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • does it tack cleanly?

measure the forestay length and then look up the size of the hobie 14 jib

if it's too big you could probably cut it down

"And the jib sail on the Hobie 14 Turbo adds an additional sail area of 2,80 m² (30 sq. ft.)"

edited by: erice, Jun 28, 2009 - 06:57 AM
  • Yes Mystere made a 3.5, and a 4.7, and a 5.0 (2 different kind) and 2 different 5.5's and 2 different 6.0's as well.
    Not to mention their f-18 (Twister) and a couple older models too

I doubt you will find a used 3.5 jib easily, but ya never know. You may need to get a spent one and have a new one made from it... if not you may need to take your boat down to st pete to a sail maker (there aren't any i know in north Pinellas) and rig your boat and measure it for a new custom jib.

Or

You can still purchase some parts from Mystere in Canada (but they are expensive, slow, and will sell/send old gear
    Tél : (450) 472-8042

Courriel: info@ecoledevoilesansoucy.com

Adresse : 150, 27e Avenue Pointe-Calumet, QC J0N 1G1

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.