Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Supercat 15 trampoline  Bottom

• I bought a supercat 15 last year and love it. The former owner told me that the trampoline was a customized 17 tramp. I have since bought a new tramp and attempted to mount it but realized that the boltrope "c channel" (track) was missing. I bought some c channel (awning track) from sailrite, but it is too light weight and the boltrope pulls out.
    Any suggestions or links to a sturdier track?
  • I am not sure where you got your trampoline from, but if you have a Supercat you should know about Aquarious sail (http://www.aquarius-sail.com/). They have done rudder repair and other boat specific things for my brother and I on his Supercat 20 in the past. They might either have or know where you can get the part you need. I don't remember all the details but I think they now own the rights to the Supercat designs, they also have a forum that is more specific to their boats.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • I had SloSails make a custom trampoline for my Supercat 15 and it is pretty nice. I got the tracks from Aquarius, but I had the ame problems with it pulling out. I took it to a marine canvas place and had them add a layer of vinyl to the boltrope section and it has worked very well.

A frined had a suggestion to add a small grommet to the trampoline at the corners and then to drill a small hole in the track so you can tie the corner of the tramp to the track. It should never pull out, then.

Catch me off line about the SC 15. I just finished refurbing mine and installed a self-tacking jib.

Dan
  • All,
    Thanks so much for the notes. My new tramp is also from SLOsails. I reached out to Aquarius and they were able to locate some new/old extrusions from their back stock. Hopefully the new extrusions and a few soon to be placed corner grommets will do he trick. If not, I will also be having the boltrope sewn with an extra layer old material. Luckily, all this isn't keeping me from sailing - the old tramp was repaired by my local sailmaker and I was able to get out amongst the dolphins this past weekend. Only happens about three times a year for me here in the Delaware bay.
    Dan,
    I will reach out to kabitz about the SC 15
  • DanBergerI had SloSails make a custom trampoline for my Supercat 15 and it is pretty nice. I got the tracks from Aquarius, but I had the ame problems with it pulling out. I took it to a marine canvas place and had them add a layer of vinyl to the boltrope section and it has worked very well.

A frined had a suggestion to add a small grommet to the trampoline at the corners and then to drill a small hole in the track so you can tie the corner of the tramp to the track. It should never pull out, then.

Catch me off line about the SC 15. I just finished refurbing mine and installed a self-tacking jib.

Dan

Dan
    I can be reached at hward@tekus.com to discuss the SC15
    Thx
    Harry

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.