Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Should I buy this NACRA 5.2  Bottom

• Hi Guys

Looking for general advice on buying a NACRA 5.2. I already have a H17 & 18 but the deal on this NACRA is great. She an older boat 82 I believe.

So my questions are
    1. Any issues solo sailing a 5.2?
    2. And special areas I should look for wear or problems? Crossbars etc.
    3. How hard is it to find replacement parts.
    4. IS there any benefit in buying the NACRA and selling my H17?

Thanks
    Dave
  • hi, i love my 1982 5.2

it pretty much is right between your h17 and h18, being either a heavier h17 with more sail/speed or a light h18 with the same sail and speed

for soloing in light air use the jib, for soloing in more wind remove the jib and blow the traveller in tacks to prevent going into irons

replacement parts seem to be ok

the benefit wouldn't really be in selling the lighter h17 and getting the 5.2 but in selling BOTH h17 and h18 for a boat that does both jobs as well

you're unlikely to do that but you could buy the 5.2, fix it up, try it out and sell which ever of the 3 boats you don't want later

eric e
  • I agree that the Nacra fills the slot between the 17 and 18. Another thing to consider is that the 5.2 is dead sexy icon_biggrin
    When you're looking at the 5.2, make sure to check the area of fiberglass around the crossbars. If it is soft or heavily cracked, you better be good with fiberglass work icon_wink
    There really is no benefit I see in buying the Nacra to replace the 17, unless to replace both boats or to expand the fleet icon_smile

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.