Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 Newbie - I bought the boat  Bottom

• I picked up an original 1988 P16 with trailer. Good shape for $975. I'm in Minneapolis (Minnetonka area) in case there are any other Beachcats in the area. Another on Craigslist.
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/search/boa?query=prindle&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

I'm sure I will have a number of questions, however I see most of the answers in previous postings. Fixed the trailer up tonight, tomorrow I polish up the boat.

Harry
  • Congrat's on your new ride Larry. I have a Prindle 16 too. I like the prindle rudder system a lot better than Hobie. If the lines controlling the rudders doesn't work, all you have to do is reach over the back of the hull and push the rudder into the lock position. Ka-plunk. done. I'm a solid believer is simplicity. (keep it simple stupid) over thought designs have one thing in common.....more things that break. I like my hobie too, they both have good and bad points.

When the water is very cold and very little or no boater out, I'll sail in a area where the prevailing winds will blow me onto land if I should have a critical failure. I also stay fairly close to shore.

Good luck, Jim

• Congratulations Harry!
    P16's are a good cats.

Enjoy!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.