Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Setup for Catamaran Launching/Landing Off Floating Dock (No Ramp)?  Bottom

• Hey all,
    The good news: it looks like I will have mast up storage for my boat extremely close to the water.
    The challenge: the boat will be stored on floating dock with about a 12-18" drop into the water.
    This is the best balance of options locally, so I have to make the most of the challenge.

Has anyone here had a similar situation and come up with a nice solution?

The boat has a foam cored hull and is generally in very nice shape, so there is no way I am simply hauling it up and over the edge.

I am thinking a basic frame with longitudinal carpeted bunks that the hulls slide up/down. To recover the boat, slide the frame half off the dock edge so it tilts down and pull the boat up till it goes past the tipping point and then pull the whole thing to its final storage location. I need to control the limits of how much it can move/tilt and when but other than that is would be pretty simple, light, and easy (I think).

Anyone have better ideas?

Thanks,
    Graham
  • I don't have any experience nor such need, I just googled out of curiosity and found this, seems like a good solution, maybe combined with a hand winch
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/69/c8/61/69c861e1750ac6b0ce3056465a6a39fe.jpg
  • What if the the wind blows side-ways? In a stronger breeze, the cat can slide of the "ramp".
    And get seriously damaged .
    AndinistaI don't have any experience nor such need, I just googled out of curiosity and found this, seems like a good solution, maybe combined with a hand winch
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/69/c8/61/69c861e1750ac6b0ce3056465a6a39fe.jpg

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • lower the sail first?
  • graham,
    i'm curious what type of cat you have?
    i bought a boat to restore that had been stored on a dock and the bottom of the hulls took a major beating.
    we sail on windy days so when you're finished sailing, wind is probably going to be a factor in lining the boat up with your frame. are you thinking of just tugging it up by hand?
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.