Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

trapeze set up  Bottom

• Want to set up trapeze on my 16 ft prindle. Need advice. Was given cables and harness, what are the optimal attachment points.
  • trap wires attach at the shackle on top. On the H16 (and most boats) its the same shackle the side stays are on (not the forestay).
  • I had this great big all typed up and got distracted while I was in the preview and lost it all so here is the short of it with some quickie diagrams. Not sure if yours is exactly the same as mine is a P18 but it should be close. Also there is more than one way to do this this is just how mine is setup and I had to figure it out pretty much on my own.

I made a Diagram to help you.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/UserPictures/data/0-1241121572_24058.jpg

edited by: Quarath, Apr 30, 2009 - 02:02 PM

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • QuarathFirst I have 2 Diagrams I put together for you. The first is the Top of the trap lines.

That is excellent work!

Please add these to the Beachcats Technical album with a name like Prindle 16 Trap Wires or something.

This is going to help a lot of newbies in the future. Did you do that drawing from scratch?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I did it from memory at work in Illustrator.

It helps that I am graphic designer by trade but really didn't take that long.

It is by no means proportionally or even scaled correctly

I actually wanted more details but I was at work and and needed to actually do some and didn't want it to detract from the actual point. Could easily be adjusted to show jib line set up as well.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Dustin, Great job
  • Dustin, a picture is worth a thousand words. Bravo!

btw your picture is the same as my P16 setup.
  • Don't know what happened to the image when I tried to add to the technical gallery it kind changed and screwed up the image. It looks pretty crappy compared to the one I have posted here.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • QuarathDon't know what happened to the image when I tried to add to the technical gallery it kind changed and screwed up the image. It looks pretty crappy compared to the one I have posted here.

That's strange, in fact all I saw was a broken image, something went wrong. I just uploaded the one from this thread and it went ok.

Was it the same jpg file you uploaded to the technical album as the one you uploaded to your personal profile pictures?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Yes same file as here

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • On my p16 i ran the front bungee for the trap lines through the front crossbar so if i wasnt using them the crew wouldnt have to deal with the line right by their head. Had it the way posted above too. Both ways work, just experiment with what you like the best.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.