Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Custom Hull and Sail Graphics  Bottom

• I'm looking for recomendations and contacts for suppliers of custom boat graphics. Someone who understands catmarans.

Ideally it would be a member here who is interested in promoting their business on TheBeachcats.com, I would of course want to check the quality of product on my Hobie 18. icon_lol

If you don't want to post contact info here, please let them know to contact me. Either through the contact form or through a private message.

I'm really distressed over how alike the beachcats are starting to look, the new pentax sails are mostly all grey and the boats are mostly white, regattas used to be a beautiful array of colors, now you can't tell one boat from another. My boat is nearly invisible on a hazy day.

Hull and sail graphics could help with that if they were easier to find. TheBeachcats.com can make that happen.

Post pictures here of any good beachcat graphics you've spotted!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • How do I get a pict in here from my ''pict folder'' thats on my puter?? icon_confused

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Get the url of the image, then click on the image button in the new post, that produces
    <code class="prettyprint"></code>

then paste the image url between those tags.

<code class="prettyprint">http://www.thebeachcats.com/restofurl</code>

How you get the url varies depending on your browser, the easiest is Firefox, where you can right click on the image you want to display and choose "copy image location" from the menu. Then do a right click paste between the tags.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Darn, I just realized you were asking how to show an image that is on your own computer and not on the Internet.

You'll need to upload it somewhere first and then use these instructions. You can upload to your personal album in the Beachcats People album or into your profile images from "My Account".

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I want a set of all black sails with a giant Jolley Rodger skull and crossbones graphic right in the middle of it. With a 666 sail number.

My guess is that you would have to make the image out of something similar to the material that is used for attaching sail numbers. What I don't know is if you can get that in a giant sheet and cut it out your self or if there is a way to cut it on a machine like cut vinyl graphics.

But then I would need a Mast float that is attached all around the mast except for the sail track near but not on the top that was fashioned to look like a crows nest. Plus I would need a monkey to ride in it and hold a spyglass.

On a more serious note. My boat is old and my sails are tequila sunrise but I had thought about how well a set of plain jane white sails would take to airbrushing and what type of paint or ink might last the best. Also if anyone thought it possible to airbrush either with gelcoat or between layers of gelcoat assuming you can get gelcoat in a clear coat? Ive never really seen anything but primarily one color boats except with some vinyl lettering attached.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • On my previous 1981 H18 I had the graphics painted by a friend that used an airbrush and marine paint. They looked and lasted great, but it was a big project, he did a bottom job at the same time.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=27660

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Did he spray anything over when done to seal or protect it or just using a marine paint enough? How well has it maintained since then?

edited by: Quarath, Apr 23, 2009 - 11:08 AM

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • I don't think there was any clear coat. It has held up perfectly, and that boat (I've since upgraded to a newer h18) was sailed a lot in a muddy lake and was cleaned regularly with Oxylic Acid, it was polished, and even wet sanded once. The paint is probably tougher than the gel coat, so nothing has bothered it.

The graphics have been on that boat for about 7 years now.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Picture from the July 2002 Island Hop, Ocean Springs, MS
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4202

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Hy current H18 is nearly invisible, the color is draining from our regattas.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=31771

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Can you do the Beachcats.com text on the sail in a brighter color least or is the material used only in White or black.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Yeah, the letters should have been in black instead of white, (or blue/red) I didn't realize how little contrast there would be. If the sail material had been as dark as the boats in the background the white would have worked better.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.