Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H14 Frame Carpet Question  Bottom

• Getting trap gear this year.YooHoo! Can anyone tell me about carpet for the frame?Is there anything better? What type adhesive should I use?
  • Welwood Contact Cement is the best adhesive. It must be applied to both surfaces and be warned, when the two touch they are together. I puhchased indoor outdoor carpet from Home Depot. Not the fuzzy type, but the ribbed type. I believe it comes in either blue or black and they will cut it to the correct width on their machine and all you have to do is cut the length and glue on. Cut the length about an inch short because when the glue is applied and you start to put it on the rail the carpet material will stretch about an inch. When putting the carpet to he rails, first put it on the top portion and then roll the rest down starting in the middle and work to each end. That will prevent the carpet from bunching in the middle. Total cost, less than $15 and should last at least 5 years. Good luck
  • Exactly Hullflyer! Saylr, I just did this to my hobie 16. My carpet didn't stretch though during the install process. They sell two widths of this carpet at Home Depot. I got the larger width so I wouldn't have a seam on the rail. Contact cement is just that. It bonds on contact. I removed the side rails when I did the job and it really helped. Make sure when you make the first contact between the carpet and the rail that it's exactly where you want it and do not pull the material as you apply it along the rail. If you stretch it when contacting it to the rail it will shrink back over time and curl up along the edges.

Good luck and have fun flying.
  • Thanks Guys.Just left Home Depot,total cost;$12.15+tax.
    12'x3" carpet:$2.15 Weldwood Contact Cement{big can}:$9.98.Carpet strips for an H14 need to be 68" long.Once again,thanks for the help,David

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.