Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Does anyone know about the Hobie 3.5 ???  Bottom

• I picked up a Hobie 3.5 today. It was a craigslist sale and the people just wanted to get rid of it. It needs some work. I really can find much info on this boat. Its sail number is 138. When its not raining I am going to look it over for any other identifying marks.
    Any input would be appreciated. icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek
  • Cool boat! This was also called the Hobie 11 I believe, I've got a Hobie sales flyer on it somewhere. It's a really tiny boat. Here's a picture of one sitting on top of a Hobie 14, which isn't very big either!

Click on the picture and you'll see an album with that Hobie 3.5 ready to sail, looks exactly like a Hobie 14.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Found It!
    I love this flyer, shows how much things have changed. Here we have a picture of a very young girl sailing alone in the Pacific Ocean with her life jacket (that's what they called PFD's in the old days) tucked under the hiking strap where it belongs. icon_evil

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • awwwww how cute!!! a baby catamaran!

Is that a kitten-amaran?

PS :) - looks great. I always liked the Mystere 4.3 and hear there is a 3.5 also

edited by: andrewscott, Apr 02, 2009 - 10:09 AM
  • andrewscottawwwww how cute!!! a baby catamaran!

Is that a kitten-amaran?

PS :) - looks great. I always liked the Mystere 4.3 and hear there is a 3.5 alsoedited by: andrewscott, Apr 02, 2009 - 10:09 AM

It is small. I brought a trailer for my H16 when I went to pick it up. We had to rest one of the hulls on the inside of the wheel cover the other hull on the rollers. The boat has 66 sq ft of sail so I don't think we will be breaking any speed records icon_razz

What do you think about using the rudder assembly from another model such as the bravo or wave?

• well the brovo has only 1 rudder.. so that will probably not your needs.

i have no idea what the 3.5 rudder system is.. but i imagine its very old... all steel and outdated. that being said if you can lube it up.. and get it to work.. dont change it. if you have to update it.. i would ask at the hobie forums if anyone has.. and their advice.
  • Did your 3.5 come with a rudder system?

If not, it probably uses the same system as Hobie 14, and those parts are available often in the parts section of the classifieds here.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ifieds/showcat.php?cat=4

Let's see some pics of your new baby, make an album for yourself in the "Beachcats People" section of the photo albums and upload some pics.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I sold my 16...so i would love to pick up a 3.5
    any info would be appreciated

contact Robert @ rrbobrod@aol.com

Edited by robertrodrigurs on Mar 06, 2011 - 04:44 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.