Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SOLCAT 18 - RIGGING  Bottom

• Hello there.... I just found a rare Solcat 18 sitting on somebody's backyard... the guy asked $ 500.00 (including trailer) to get it out.... (is it a good deal ?)
    only problem is that the rigging had been stolen and as far as I have read around here, it is hard to find some parts.
    I live in Miami FL, so there is plenty of boatyards and chandeliers around here... I guess it won't be hard to get some rigging... what I find hard so far is to get its exact specs / dimensions (forestay, sidestay.. all of it)
    Can somebody help me ?
    Thks
    Mark
  • rare is the keyword here. it may be a fair deal but if you can't get parts... you can't sail or sell it.

why not spend a bit more and get a boat you can work with ...
  • When you saying "rigging" if it's just wires you mean you can have them made at West Marine or buy them easily.

But inventory carefully everything else needed to sail the boat, if you are missing any daggerboards, rudders, castings, tiller, main blocks, jib blocks, lines etc. that's money and some are hard to find.

If you have to buy sails, or major parts like boards, rudder system then forget it and move on.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I would be carefull about getting stays from west marine,... i have seen them do poor work, wrong lenght, and NO RETURNS....
  • Hey Mark

I have had a Solcat for several years know and really enjoy the boat. It is, I think a simple boat to sail for 1 or 2 people depending on the wind. Parts are not that hard to find there are still some places that still have new daggers and rudders if you can't find used ones. as fare as rigging goes I got all my new rigging from murrays.com and it all fit perfect and has held up very well. If you would like to chat drop me an e-mail I also have several brochures on the Solcat that may be helpful.

Jeff O

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • another place would be salty dog marine

http://www.saltydogmarine.com

Best of luck

--
    Gordon
    Nacra 5.5SL
    --
  • THANKS A LOT JEFF !!!

Hey Mark

I have had a Solcat for several years know and really enjoy the boat. It is, I think a simple boat to sail for 1 or 2 people depending on the wind. Parts are not that hard to find there are still some places that still have new daggers and rudders if you can't find used ones. as fare as rigging goes I got all my new rigging from murrays.com and it all fit perfect and has held up very well. If you would like to chat drop me an e-mail I also have several brochures on the Solcat that may be helpful.

Jeff O

[/quote]
  • ghhm43another place would be salty dog marine

http://www.saltydogmarine.com

Best of luck

THANK YOU GORDON !!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.