Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P18 Boom  Bottom

• I've got a Prindle 18, and the boom does not have any way to tie to the mast rotator. Do any of you with a P18 boom know where I could find the piece the I tie the rotator to? Is the stock part something that is removable? I can by a cleat a pully and rivet them to the boom if I have to.

Thanks

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Not sure if mine is stock or not but it like the one on the bottom of the mast that is for the downhaul. It is attached by bolts that go through the cleat then into the groove on the top side of the boom, then into a square nut so as you tighten it it grabs the sides and doesn't turn so you can tighten it down. This allows it to be adjusted along the length of the boom. I have a short rope the attaches to the end of the rotator and then pulls through the cleat and back to lock in place. I can say if this is right for sure I bought the boat used last year and this is how it was but it seems to work. If I think about tomorrow I will try to take a picture of it.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Perfect, thanks. I bet I can rig that up just like it was stock.

QuarathNot sure if mine is stock or not but it like the one on the bottom of the mast that is for the downhaul. It is attached by bolts that go through the cleat then into the groove on the top side of the boom, then into a square nut so as you tighten it it grabs the sides and doesn't turn so you can tighten it down. This allows it to be adjusted along the length of the boom. I have a short rope the attaches to the end of the rotator and then pulls through the cleat and back to lock in place. I can say if this is right for sure I bought the boat used last year and this is how it was but it seems to work. If I think about tomorrow I will try to take a picture of it.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • not sure if this helps or not,

but page 19 shows the rotater

http://www.performancecat…/Prindle151618Manual.pdf

good luck

--
    Gordon
    Nacra 5.5SL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.