Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Happy New Year! New Site Features!!  Bottom

• Happy New Year from TheBeachcats.com!!

2009 will bring the seventh year that TheBeachcats.com has served the beach catamaran community. I want to take a minute to thank the thousands of beachcat sailors who have visited and contributed to the site, without your input and encouragement the site would not have made it this far.

I have big plans for expanding and improving the site during 2009, watch the front page and forums for announcements, but here are some previews. Please discuss any features you like or add your own suggestions for enhancements.

• Return of the "Places To Sail" directory. A world-wide searchable directory of places where beachcats can be sailed, with photos, descriptions, and tips from local beachcat sailors.
    • Where can I Rent a Beachcat? This will be a searchable sub-feature of "Places to Sail". I get contacts and private messages all the time from beachcat sailors visiting unfamiliar waters wanting to know where they can rent a beachcat by the hour-day-week. I want to collect all the details in one easy to use directory.
    • Catalog of all beachcat models-brands-manufacturers ever produced. There is a tremendous depth of information about both current and extinct beachcats buried in the forums, photo albums, and articles of this site. I'm going to create a catalog with a wiki structure to collect all of this in an easily searchable format. Members who have knowledge of specific cats will be able to share information by adding to the catalog.
    • Enhancements to existing features like the forums, member profiles, private messaging, and photo galleries.
    Any suggestions or comments are welcome, I'm just one man and can only do so much without the help of the members, if your are able to contribute time, suggestions, or money to any of these features, please let me know in this thread.

Thanks and have a great 2009,

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.