Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

20ft Panther Catamaran?  Bottom

• Hello,

Does anyone have any info on a 20ft "Panther Catamaran"? I've done several web searches but can't find any info.

Thanks for your time.
    Michael
  • Hello,

The owner said the boat may be a Panthercraft. Could this boat be a Tornado 20 made by Panthercraft?

Thanks for your time.
    Michael

• Hello ,
    Yes for a long time ,there was a Panther Craft Tornado,javascript:void(0);
  • The reference to Pantercraft could also be to the Company that originally manufactured the Dart line of Catamarans. Panthercraft Limited, located in Cornwall England, produced the Dart line of Cats for many years. Darts are now produced by Laser in England. Both the Tornado and Dart Catamarans were designed by Rodney March and share similar good lines. Most Dart Catamarans have boomless main sails and no center boards or dagger boards.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the info. The picture I have of the Cat has a boom and center boards. The owner said it's a 1973 model and it's 20ft long. I'm guessing it's a Tornado

Should I not purchase a cat that has a limited following? I would think replacement parts may be difficult to find unless they are custom made.

Thanks for your time.
    Michael
  • I shouldn't say "limited following" in the previous post, after doing a web search.. A Tornado would definatley keep me on my toes. I don't plan on racing but I'm hoping to sail a fast boat conservatively.

Any thoughts? I could purchase this Tornado for next to nothing. I have lots of displacement monohull experience and was an avid "short board" windsurfer at one time. However, I have little multihull sailing experience.

My plan is to purchase a BeachCat and make a trip down Baja and sail in the Sea of Cortez.

Regards,
    Michael

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.