Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie Cat 18 Hulls  Bottom

• Any body know how to take the decks off a Hobie Cat 18?
  • I have a h18 and have had other boats as well,when the boat is made and they come to the stage of putting the top deck on, like most speed boats that are made of fiberglass, They use a one part glue like liquid nails. what i would do is open up one of the inspection hatches ''the big one'' and use a mirror and torch so you can see where the glue line is. This will intern give you insight into your problem that you simply cannot see by looking on the out side. And you should mention why you need to take the deck off, There can sometimes be easier ways to do things,that don't always present themselves at first glance. I hope this has helped you. CHEERS PEPSI icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin
  • pepsiis open up one of the inspection hatches ''the big one'' and use a mirror and torch

He means FLASHLIGHT.. not flame-thrower!!!

I had a friend rip the deck lids off by running aground and the daggarboard ripped out from below... but i would not recommend that method
  • Andy.... yer funny~~ LOL icon_lol

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • THERE IS A WAY,,PATIENCE MY YOUNG BOAT BUILDER, THAT IS THE WAY icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

edited by: pepsi, Oct 23, 2008 - 09:12 PM
  • andrewscott
    pepsiis open up one of the inspection hatches ''the big one'' and use a mirror and torch

He means FLASHLIGHT.. not flame-thrower!!!

I had a friend rip the deck lids off by running aground and the daggarboard ripped out from below... but i would not recommend that method

NO FLAME THROWER ALLOWED, THATS RIGHT YOU WILL HAVE TO USE A TORCH ''THE ONE WITH BATTERIES''
  • COM'ON guys why has no one suggested a can opener icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin
  • pepsiI have a h18 and have had other boats as well,when the boat is made and they come to the stage of putting the top deck on, like most speed boats that are made of fiberglass, They use a one part glue like liquid nails. what i would do is open up one of the inspection hatches ''the big one'' and use a mirror and torch so you can see where the glue line is. This will intern give you insight into your problem that you simply cannot see by looking on the out side. And you should mention why you need to take the deck off, There can sometimes be easier ways to do things,that don't always present themselves at first glance. I hope this has helped you. CHEERS PEPSI icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

PS You might not see a glue line, if not HMMMM trouble ahead i forsea icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin
  • Something i never Thought of,,,,Mabe you want to Make a Mould, icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
  • Hey Pepsi

I still use the term "torch" when I mean "flashlight", I also use the term "robot" when referring to a traffic light. Football is played with the foot and I still have problems driving on the wrong side of the road sitting on the wrong side of the car. Vasbyt Swaer. icon_confused

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Hey Rob,I like the robot term, anyway there is no glue line like in a power boat/speed boat, when they put the top deck on the lip also came over with the bottom hull lip,,meaning impossible to find join, so looking in hulls will get you know closer to the answer, even with a flashlight/torch. Cheers icon_biggrin icon_rolleyes icon_rolleyes

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.