Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Classified Sold in Less Than One Hour!  Bottom

• I'm often hearing about members listing a boat or part in the classifieds and they sold it right away, even same day. But I just noticed that one item was listed and then marked sold in less than an hour!

Anyone have stories to tell about fast results with the classifieds?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Yes, i believe it!

I purchased a Mystere 5.5 last December. I then needed to sell my old cat and listed my Hobie 18 around 6:30 or 7 pm. By 8:30 i had several emails for more info and by 10 pm that same night i had someone who called me and asked me to hold the boat until the next evening where he would pay me in cash if the boat was in the condition i stated on the ad.

He paid full price the next evening for the boat and i had to tell about 5 people that it was sold.

Thanks Beachcats... this is part of why i am so active on this website.. i think this site is a great service to the catamaran community and i want to be a part of it and give back. Thanks Damon

edited by: andrewscott, Oct 09, 2008 - 04:00 PM
  • I haven't brought myself to part with my old H14T yet, but when I do it will be listed here. I did however purchase my N6.0 off this website. I drove from central Texas to Chicago and back in a weekend (thats 2300 miles). This website was a large reason I had blind faith in its previous owner, and I wasn't disappointed. Kris is a stand-up guy, and I'm a very proud owner of a very beautiful, crazy fast cat.

I too have tried to become a more active member but I still have more questions than answers and Andrew is always answering my Q's...lol. So I'm still behind the 8 ball when it comes to giving back...I'm still the sponge, but hey active is active right?

So as far as results...I drove across the country on a buy.

Thanks Damon. Thanks Kris. Thanks Andrew.

• Yes, I've had items sell in hours with several others offering to buy as a back up. Usually Harken blocks go quick. People were literally lined up over a tapered mainsheet, go figure. I have also had daggerboards or rudders listed, several months go by, and then all at once everybody wants them at the same time.

--
    Philip
    --
  • Placed a boat wanted add here and bought my Nacra back in 2004 from a guy in WI who e-mailed me a few days after I posted. I had folks e-mailing me on several H16's as well. My buddy sold his H18 in a week or two and a guy in my club has had good response to his recent H18 for posted for sale.

I never hesitate to recommend this site.
  • Your welcome Turtlecat... i enjoy answering questions about cat sailing. I also enjoy sounding like i have a clue... :) .

Don't worry about being a sponge... your questions help others learn.
  • OH.... We don't want Damon's head to get to big... so i should say... I also have had an upper Harken block that has been fairly priced (i think) that has not sold in over 6 months... :)
  • andrewscottOH.... We don't want Damon's head to get to big... so i should say... I also have had an upper Harken block that has been fairly priced (i think) that has not sold in over 6 months... :)

6 months!! icon_frown
    I feel like such a failure, maybe I should just shut it all down, I'm so depressed. icon_lol

Please, someone buy Andrews block and save the site. icon_biggrin

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • LOL!
    Lets give it 2 more weeks before you shut down because my blocks didnt sell....

;)

edited by: andrewscott, Oct 12, 2008 - 09:29 PM
  • Andrew, It will sell if you donate. That's the Karma . . .

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.