Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

• Damon, In these forums I have some how gotten a buck toothed lemon head as an avatar. How can I get rid of it? Can we put photos in as avatars? Thanks, Brian icon_confused
  • Your current avatar is from your choice in the "Your Account" section when you registered. You can get rid of it by going to
    Your Account | Edit Your Information
    and choosing a new avatar (or none) from the list.

I do have a way you can upload your own avatars for the site but haven't finished setting it up where people will be able to understand it. It's tied into a new personal gallery (5 pictures) you can attach to your profile and blog.

(see my new avatar)

More info later.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon, Thanks! If those are your new rags, they sure look fantastic! I'll look forward to the new option. Brian
  • Yes, those are the new Pentex Squaretops from Whirlwind Sails (their SuperR model) for my Hobie 18. This shot is from Saturday just before the finish of the distance race.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=31848&g2_serialNumber=4&g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • WOW! It seems like Chuck is producing some really competitive sails! How did you like them?
  • catflyer2003WOW! It seems like Chuck is producing some really competitive sails! How did you like them?

icon_biggrin Is Chuck your nickname for Ch(ip B)uck, the owner of Whirlwind Sails? Pretty Clever contraction. LOL

Anyway, the learning curve switching to the lower stretch Pentex sails has been steep, I'm sure they are developing more power but equally sure I'm not using them very well yet.

The affect that very small adjustments in downhaul, outhaul, batten tensions, and main tension have is hard to get used to after years of using Dacron sails where it was pretty much "sheet in hard" for upwind and "loosen everything" for downwind.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.