Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Juana Good Time Regatta Was Great!  Bottom

• Always a good time in Navarre Beach, this year was no exception. We all lucked out on the weather, having a nice weekend with all the hurricanes lurking about.

Were you there? Tell us about your good times.

If you have pictures from the event, don't forget to upload them to an album inside the Juana Good Time photo album at http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=47468

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • The pictures are starting to come in. Thanks go to Paul and Ken for being the first to add their pics to this years album.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=47468

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Awesome pics, and what a beach to launch from icon_smile
  • more pics added . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • This was the first regatta i have ever been to. It was an awesome time! First... Juanas is a great location, a super cool bar and the people working there could not have been better hosts. Thank you Kevin,Marie and all the others. Second... the competitors/new friends were the greatest collection of characters you could find on this globe.. Philip,Kirk,Butch,Josh and Lauren,FOSTER!,The Twins, Michele and Chris, etc. I could go on, they were great and i cant wait to see them next year! Third... the sailing, Saturday was my favorite. Being from Ohio we dont get to fly the hull very often, we flew from the time the race started till the end.Alot of nice people were willing to give us advice to help us be more competitive... those tips and tricks really do work! thank you! If you ever want to go to a regatta that really is a good time this one is a must! 70 boats.. that was wild! One more thing... My brothers and I were honored with the Carlton award. At the time i didnt know the significance of this award. I later talked to some friends of James Carlton Tucker and was told what an amazing guy he was. They said he was a multi national champion, known around the world for his sailng and his big heart.they said that he would help the guy who needed the help the most and always had a way of making people smile and laugh... he sounds like alot of the people I met this weekend.With that said my brothers and I really appreciate this award, and look forward to getting better over the next twelve months so that we can be more competitive next year. I cant wait till next September!!!

edited by: GlennTepe, Sep 15, 2009 - 03:05 PM
  • Glen,
    You posted on a thread from last year. When you Ohio boys gonna figure it out. :) Hey, I forgot to give you my email and cell so we can say in touch, so please drop me a PM so we can exchange contact info.

You have no idea what an honor it is to win the Carlton Tucker Award. Carlton Tucker was a world class multihull sailor, and a class act in every respect, and had contributed a lifetime to the sport. I have had the extreme blessing to receive this honorable award, and it was most humbling for me, and I cherish it as the most meaningful item in my trophy case. Later that same year I got to spend some time with Carlton's dad and get to know him also. I could listen to him talk for hours. What a giant of a gentleman. He goes by Tucker and owns "The Boat" in Fort Walton. A couple of years later I meet a friend from Mississippi who's best friend is Carlton's sister. I had no idea Carlton had a sister. We had a chance to talk and it was wonderful. What an outstanding family. Unfortunately, Carlton's life was cut short, but his legacy lives on. Please honor him for all that he represents! May I add that I cannot think of anyone who was more deserving of receiving this award than you guys.

edited by: mummp, Sep 15, 2009 - 04:28 PM

--
    Philip
    --
  • More photos of Sunday's races here: http://pa.photoshelter.co…egatta/G0000B9iQaaVlAcY/

I was the guy in the small center console taking photos at the upwind mark. Sorry I wasn't able to show them at the awards ceremony but I had to get the boat back to Ft Walton before the weather moved in.

Cheers,

Jim Coulter
  • Philip,
    I knew this was an old thread! icon_razz Us Cincinnati boys aint that dumb! Thanks for your kind words... and thanks for the excellent advice you gave Mike and I. We did better on Saturday than we ever expected, we owe it to you. I am going to spend some money on my boat this fall and we are going to work to get alot better for next year. when is The round horn island and round shit island races? We were thinking it might be fun to come to one of those as well! My email is on my profile. Thanks again old friend. Glenn
  • jacoulterphotoMore photos of Sunday's races here: http://pa.photoshelter.co…egatta/G0000B9iQaaVlAcY/

I was the guy in the small center console taking photos at the upwind mark. Sorry I wasn't able to show them at the awards ceremony but I had to get the boat back to Ft Walton before the weather moved in.

Cheers,

Jim Coulter

Your photography is fantastic Jim. I remember you being there as i passed. i was the one in the orange hobie 16. The one where i was laying down on the tramp was me copying the twins who were both laying down trying to keep down there wind resistance. needless to say it didnt work as well for us. Those boys are FAST! Thanks for sharing the great pics. Glenn
  • GlennTepe when is The round horn island and round shit island races? We were thinking it might be fun to come to one of those as well! My email is on my profile. Thanks again old friend. Glenn

Dude you are killin' me. round shit island, oh my, LMAO, its Slip 2 Ship (Memorial Weekend) and not round horn island but Horn Island Hop (July 4th weekend). I know, I know, it's a southern thing . . .
    Also add Spring Fever (Easter) and Round the Island (June)
    P.S. I cannot find your email in your profile.

edited by: mummp, Sep 16, 2009 - 10:58 PM

--
    Philip
    --
  • I would like to meet & play with some of the other kids. icon_biggrin Maybe when I retire (soon) I'll have plenty of time to play in the water & sand & BAR~ gotta have dark beer
    Hopefully workin in a steelmill has it's rewards~ 36 yrs and counting~~ about 1-2 more to go !!! icon_rolleyes
    That sounds like a good place to go~~ 'Juana regatta' icon_wink

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • jacoulterphotoI was the guy in the small center console taking photos at the upwind mark. Sorry I wasn't able to show them at the awards ceremony but I had to get the boat back to Ft Walton before the weather moved in.

Cheers,

Jim Coulter

Great pics Jim, always good to have a professional on the water. I know it's a business for you, if you would like to promote your picture sales by adding your own album to the 2009 Juanas album at
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=64671
    that would be fine, you could either upload watermarked pics and put a link to your store in the description, or upload a selected group of full sized pics to represent your work and let people know you have more.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • popeyez7I would like to meet & play with some of the other kids. icon_biggrin

Come on down! The Florida panhandle is an amazing place to sail beachcats, you would think they should be as common as cars down there.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.