Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Shearwater Regatta November 15&16, 2008 OCEAN Springs  Bottom

• NOTICE OF RACE
    2008 Shearwater Regatta ? November 15 & 16, 2008

ORGANIZING AUTHORITY: The Organizing Authority for this event shall be Ocean Springs Yacht Club, Ocean Springs, Mississippi.

RULES: The Regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the 2005-2008 Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of US SAILING, pertinent Class/Fleet Rules, and this Notice of Race, except
    as any of these are altered by the Sailing Instructions or by the Race Officials during the Skipper?s meeting.

ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY: This regatta is open to all multihull boats who have a US Sailing Portsmouth number. Eligible boats may be entered by completing an entry form and submitting it to Ocean Springs Yacht Club with an entry fee of $ 70.00 for 2 person crew. Single person crew entry fee is $ 50 .00

OSYC Club members, 20% discount on entry fee.

EXPECTED CLASSES: This is an open class race, one start for all boats, boats scored together using the US Sailing Portsmouth rating system.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: (subject to change)
    Friday November 14 Check-In and Registration (4:00?7:00)
    Saturday November 15 0800-0900 Final Check-In and Registration
    Saturday November 15 1000 Competitors? Meeting
    Saturday November 15 1055 Warning Signal for Racing
    Sunday November 16 0955 Warning Signal for Racing
    Sunday November 16 1500 Awards Ceremony

SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The sailing instructions will be available during Check-In and at the Competitors? Meeting.

COURSES: The courses will be as described in the Sailing Instructions. Windward-leeward courses will be attempted but course is open to interpretation by Race Committee.

SCORING: The Low Point Scoring System will apply. If five (5) or more races are held, there will be one throw out race.

PENALTIES: Rules 44.1 and 44.2 are changed so that only one turn, including one tack and one jibe, is required. Protests are NOT considered.

PRIZES: Trophies will be awarded for first, second and third place.

LODGING: Due to the ongoing rebuilding, limited Camping is available at Ocean Springs Yacht Club.

For regatta information contact:
    John O'Shaughnessy: Home 228-818-0927
    Cell: 228-323-4321 :
    Email: vice-commodore@osyc.com or jjos0001@aol.com

Shearwater Multihull Regatta Entry Form
    November 15 & 16, 2008

Skipper Name
    Address_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    City State Zip Code
    Phone Number Email Address
    Crew? Name
    Address
    City State Zip Code
    Phone Number Email Address
    ================================================================================
    Boat Type: Sail Number: ______________________________
    Boat Name: ___________________________________________
    Portsmouth Rating (prior to any adjustments) _____________________/_____________________ (adjusted)
    Please check all of the following that apply:
    _______ Spinnaker in non-spin Class (SP .960)
    _______ Non-Class legal mainsail of same sail area or less (MN .995)
    _______ Oversized mainsail (ML .980)
    _______ Oversized Jib (JU .995)
    _______ Wider than standard beam (BM .995)
    _______ Underweight Adjustment (please consult race official for proper adjustment L1-L3)
    _______ Singlehanding a double handed boat (L4 .970)
    I fully understand that sailing is a dangerous activity and may result in damage, injury or even death. I participate in this event at my own risk and assume any risks involved. Ocean Springs Yacht Club, Inc., reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications. I hereby release the Ocean Springs Yacht Club, Inc., its affiliates and all event sponsors from any and all damages, costs or injuries of any kind. Furthermore, I agree to defend and hold harmless the above-mentioned parties from any and all accidents caused fully or in part by my acts, omissions, negligence or breach of this agreement. I also promise to permit no one on my boat who has not signed as a "Crew" on this or an attached application during the entirety of the regatta. I also permit the use of my image or likeness, including the use of photography, film or video by the Ocean Springs Yacht Club, Inc. and other related parties for commercial purposes and promotion. These provisions shall survive the termination of this regatta

All participants must be 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages or to win any alcohol door prizes. Skipper Signature: Date:
    Print Name: Date:
    Crew Signature: Date:
    Print Name: Date:
    Note: Entry fees should accompany this form.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.