Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Foot strap installation on Nacra  Bottom

• Hello all. I need some advise. I tried to install footstraps on my Nacra 6.0. The first time out, one ripped out. Wasn't exactly pleased with that. How do you propery back these up to give them strength? I do have have 4" hatches for hull access.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • i heard you use self tapping screws but DO NOT BOLT THEM IN... you want them to RIP OUT when you need them to (capsize,etc) otherwise you can get trapped in them and break your ankle or worse

edited by: andrewscott, Aug 20, 2008 - 12:09 PM
  • yep, self tappers were used. But they ripped out really easy..way to easy. Is there another / better way to keep yourself anchored?

Kudos to you btw. Have seen you answer many questions lately in the forum. I appreciate you answering mine.
  • I attached the straps with bolts, 1.25 inch washers and nuts (all stainless). They do not pull out when my foot gets stuck, but I use footstraps that release. See the link below:

http://www.mustoskiff.com/reports-and-news/2007/aquastrap.htm
  • Yes those have a binding that releases.... that will save you a trip to the orthopedists
  • I used 10-24 bolts & large SS "fender washers". They don't pull out. For my 5.7, I made cheap straps from webbing (strength) inside vinyl tubing (comfort). On my uni I have nice windsurfer straps.
    Jim Casto
    NACRA 5.5 uni & NACRA 5.7
  • thanks every one...got all my SS hardware...all 35 bucks worth! yeah i know...i just like griping about it everytime.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.