Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Any pics of the riging on a prindle 16 ?  Bottom

• Think of me as a 2 year old, i bought the boat and have no idea how to set it up. LOL I don't know any of the proper terms .....so were the wires go!!
  • I am not sure where I found it, but there is a Prindle manual on line that shows everything you need to know. I do not see a way to attach it to this post.
  • Thanks's Deepsees i did find under pic's a manual for the 18' foot that should help a little. We started setting it up last night.... ooooboy that mast is taller than it looked on the trailer...not up yet
  • You can find the manuals on Peformance Catamaran website.

here's a link to the manuals
    http://www.performancecat.com/prindle/

The P16 is a great cat...I prefer my P16 to over my H16.
    It is very forgiving.

Enjoy the speed!
  • This link has set up info for the P 15,16 & 18

http://www.performancecat.com/prindle/pdffiles/Prindle151618Manual.pdf

edited by: andrewscott, Aug 19, 2008 - 09:55 AM
  • I have a Prindle 16 and can help you out if you have a specific question. The manual is pretty old and the pictures are grainy. Some of the things might not apply depending on what year your boat is. Look on the back of the hull and the last two numbers of the serial number are the year.
  • Ok now were cooking!! Thank's for all the help...looks like all the connections are there and wires located. Just put on the trampoline. Maybe Wendsday we will raise the mast.
    bigbunk03 my Prindle is a 84
  • Learn how to sail before you take your wife out.
  • The prindle is coming together, looks like i'm missing the rod going to the rudder and the pin's? that connect the rudders to the boat
  • I was looking at a Prindle 16 that was only part there the other day and I am pretty sure the rudder castings are the same as my Prindle 18. I actually use a set of Hobie 18 pins to mount my rudder castings and it worked great.

Otherwise you can call Pete Begle at 909-800-5237. He hooked me up with several parts I needed for my 18 for good prices. By parts I mean used parts though he can get new as well. He is at Big Bear Lake in CA but can ship wherever.

When you raise the mast the first time have lots of help there. Our first time was pretty scary. We seem to have pretty well down now and we can almost do it with 1 or 2 people but I still like to have my son close if I need him. 16 should not be as bad as the 18 was. Just make sure you take into account that the mast will rotate from it's side 90 degrees to face forwards once it is up and make sure you hook your side stays up with that in mind or will have the problem we had which required me and my son to hold the mast straight up while my wife rushed around and undid and reconnected the stays correctly while the mast had no support but me and my 14 year old son. It was pretty scary.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Thank's I will call him today. Yeah that mast was a white nuckle experiance...when i bought it i thought i was twenty ...looks like i'm showing my age.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.