Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

possible scam  Bottom

• We are receiving a reply to our Classified ad for our Nacra 5.2 from Sharyntonite@hotmail.com - has anyone else been getting a response from that e-mail?

The person is very insistent about getting our information to send a payment and has asked NO questions regarding the boat. She/he has responded to our e-mails but still just wants to send us money-no info about how they will pick up boat etc. They claim to be from Pompano Beach but working on oil rig in the Gulf - we finally gave our mailing address and told them there would be no refunds of any kind and the boat is sold as is/where is.

Just curious if this may be a scam going around....Its always nice to sell a boat but not if its going to be a big hassle.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    Sam and Karen Craig
  • If they want a refund....... it's a scam. The money order/check they send you is fake, and you don't know it yet and you send them a refund, yer out of that $$$$
    To make a long story short~~ ya screwed yourself
    ( it was tried on me, but I knew better and had some fun with them~~~ LOL)

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • As long as you don't let them take the boat before the funds clear the bank, you'll be ok.

That being said, it sounds like a scam.
  • Yer right....I forgot to mention that, so keep it & sail it

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • sailboy98We are receiving a reply to our Classified ad for our Nacra 5.2 from Sharyntonite@hotmail.com - has anyone else been getting a response from that e-mail?

When you get these scam emails, please forward them so I can ban the username of the scammer from contacting anyone else. There are instructions at the bottom of the contact seller emails.

Also, make sure you don't put your email address in the description of your ad. Your just asking for scam contacts, and I can't do anything about them if I don't know who the scammer is.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • derekdAs long as you don't let them take the boat before the funds clear the bank, you'll be ok.

They usually don't want the boat, just the money, but having the check "clear the bank" doesn't help, it can take months for a bank to discover the counterfeit, they still take the money back from you.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Check this reply out:

----- Forwarded Message ----
    To: Paul Kennedy
    Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:19:13 PM
    Subject: Towards Purchase.... TheBeachcats.com Ad #1834 - From burrywilliam

Thanks for prompt respond regarding the sales of your item......Sound Good...I'm okay with the price.So let me have the pictures for the Item ,Now i need you to do is to consider the item sold to me only and i will issue out Certified Check or Money Order as soon as possible.Please i want you to bear in mind that you are not to bother yourself about the shipping of the item okay?I have a private shipping company that will be coming over for the pickup of the item immediately you receive the Certified Check or Money Order,so the payment that will be receive will include the cost of the shipping charges and cost of your item so all you will need do when you receive the Certified Check or Money Order is to deduct your Item sales while you sent the remaining cash funds via western union/Money Gram to the shipping company to is location.I'll like to have your full NAME,contact Address and your phone number so that the Certified Check or Money Order can be sent to you asap. Will you be able to sent the remaining funds to the shipping company immediately you receive the Certified Check or Money Order?Hope to read from you as soon as possible.

Regards

• QuoteThanks for prompt respond regarding the sales of your item......Sound Good...I'm okay with the price.So let me have the pictures for the Item ,Now i need you to do is to consider the item sold to me only and i will issue out Certified Check or Money Order as soon as possible.Please i want you to bear in mind that you are not to bother yourself about the shipping of the item okay?I have a private shipping company that will be coming over for the pickup of the item immediately you receive the Certified Check or Money Order,so the payment that will be receive will include the cost of the shipping charges and cost of your item so all you will need do when you receive the Certified Check or Money Order is to deduct your Item sales while you sent the remaining cash funds via western union/Money Gram to the shipping company to is location.I'll like to have your full NAME,contact Address and your phone number so that the Certified Check or Money Order can be sent to you asap. Will you be able to sent the remaining funds to the shipping company immediately you receive the Certified Check or Money Order?Hope to read from you as soon as possible.

These scammers are really not that hard to spot are they? icon_evil

Please everyone continue to forward contacts like that to me as described at the bottom of the contact seller emails. (This one has already been banned).

The faster I ban their username the less sellers can be contacted.

We get very few of these type scams than most classifieds because they have to register a new email and get a new password every time they get banned.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Im not sure what this means. I havent sold anything Im looking for parts for a hobie wave?
  • I play along with the scammers for a while just to waste their time. When they send the check, I know it is fake and I have them send it directly to the local Postal inspector. I never hear from them again.
  • damonAdmin
    QuoteThanks for prompt respond regarding the sales of your item......Sound Good...I'm okay with the price.So let me have the pictures for the Item ,Now i need you to do is to consider the item sold to me only and i will issue out Certified Check or Money Order as soon as possible.Please i want you to bear in mind that you are not to bother yourself about the shipping of the item okay?I have a private shipping company that will be coming over for the pickup of the item immediately you receive the Certified Check or Money Order,so the payment that will be receive will include the cost of the shipping charges and cost of your item so all you will need do when you receive the Certified Check or Money Order is to deduct your Item sales while you sent the remaining cash funds via western union/Money Gram to the shipping company to is location.I'll like to have your full NAME,contact Address and your phone number so that the Certified Check or Money Order can be sent to you asap. Will you be able to sent the remaining funds to the shipping company immediately you receive the Certified Check or Money Order?Hope to read from you as soon as possible.

These scammers are really not that hard to spot are they? icon_evil

Please everyone continue to forward contacts like that to me as described at the bottom of the contact seller emails. (This one has already been banned).

The faster I ban their username the less sellers can be contacted.

We get very few of these type scams than most classifieds because they have to register a new email and get a new password every time they get banned.

I googled Burry William found this web site. Thank you post this information here. I just received the same email from Burry William. I'm lucky google it before let him pick up my stuff.
  • well, what happen in the case that you are the buyer? you send the money and never receive the boat?
    We need to keep a little more attention to scamers

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.