Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Video: Dart 15 Sailing the Isles of Wight, UK  Bottom

• UK sailor Paul Knights sent me this beautiful video he has on YouTube of bunch of Dart 15 sailing off the beach.

Judging by the dry suits I guess their water is as cold as the West Coast of the USA.

Anyone else have videos? Post your own topic to tell about your area and share videos.

Shanklin Sailing Club - beach catamarans invade Ventnor, Sunday 2nd June 2024
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptXbsLApUJ8

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • It makes one realize how the popularity of beachcats is declining on this side of the pond. I started sailing beachcats in Southern California in 1980 and it was a different world back then. I now live in Sarasota and when I go out often times I don't even see one.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • The individual mentioned at the beginning Liam Thom, once sailed one of those little dart 15s on a very, very long voyage halfway around England.
    Interestingly, I actually have one of those dart 15s that came from the Shanklin sailing club. When the owner immigrated to Canada, he brought it with him, but didn’t end up actually sailing it over here. I still have it up at my lake house with the regular sail and it almost new sail that was only used on race day.
    It came with a bunch of spare parts, including a brand, new roller further and a nifty little dolly with cradles that fit the Dart hulls.
    The dart has the largest fleet of any catamaran in Europe.
    They are fun little boat that could be taken out in 30 mph winds. The retractable line in the front beam makes raging them as easy as a Hobie wave.
    They were designed to be easily char topped. The race circuit over there can involve ferries, and if the boat was car topped, there is no extra charge for towing a trailer. The boat can be disassembled in just a few minutes with no tools required.
    I’ll have to dig up some photos of it.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jun 08, 2024 - 08:18 AM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I found an album I made of this boat stored here in the beach cats several years ago
    https://www.thebeachcats.…fbdb2601bca9df7c49bffb44

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.