Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Regatta  Bottom

• I have been sailing for over a year now with my H14. I am considering entering a regatta for fun. What are the requirements for most regatta's? How do I get a number for my sail, do I need to register with a fleet? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
  • Bluesailor,

Regattas are fun, so jump in there.

With the H14 it's unlikely you will have a regatta specifically for your boat, depending on where you are (please fill out your profile, you can get local answers).

The good news is that most regattas include an "open class" where boats that don't have enough for a class can race on handicap.

Let us know your location and how far you are willing to travel, and you can get some suggestions on a good starting regatta to attend.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon, thanks very much for the reply. I live near Nashville,TN. Would be willing to travel 4 to 8 hours to get started. I was looking at the Juanas Pagodas regatta but may be a stretch for a H14 on the Gulf. I am hoping to upgrade to a bigger boat soon. I enjoy sailing tremendously and would love to meet other sailing enthusiasts.
  • Juana Good Time is a great regatta. It's held on the "inside" in calm waters on white sand and not in the open gulf. Lot's of different brand and size boats to check out. The H14 probably wouldn't be the best choice for the distance race on Saturday, but if you brought it down on Friday, you might find someone who needs crew. Even if you don't enter the regatta, you would meet a lot of cool people and sail in a terrific location.

Another regatta would be the Cat Caper held Holloween weekend near Birmingham, AL at the Birmingham Sailing Club. Lake sailing and a more traditional bouys race scored on handicap.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.