Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where to Find Boom Parts?  Bottom

• I'd like to upgrade the boom on my H18 to improve how it works with the Pentax Squaretop sails I'm using. The stock Hobie boom has a nearly useless outhaul and difficult rotation limiter.

I'd like to go with a round aluminum boom with a simple positive outhaul and cleat for the rotation limiter.

I'm thinking I could get a plain thin wall aluminum tube, trying to figure out the dimensions. One factor in dimensions would be the availability of end fittings. Anyone know where to buy such things and what sizes they come in?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Did you consider the Hobie Tiger boom?
  • Where could I find the dimensions of the Tiger or other F18 booms? I don't even know how long my stock H18 boom is, boat is an hour away. Anyone have the measurements?

I don't have a Tiger to look at, could someone post pictures of how the boom is rigged?

I've seen the very simple rigging of the Nacra Infusion boom, not sure if a system like that would work since the clew of the Hobie 18 sail is well behind the traveler, so the blocks can't connect directly to the sail like they do on a lot of modern cats.

The blocks would need to attach to the boom with their own strap, then the sail attach to the end of the boom, maybe using the same simple outhaul as the Infusion.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/images/infusion-outhaul.jpg

Anyone done anything like this?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.