Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trying to Sell My Boat  Bottom

• I have been rebuilding a catamaran with the hopes of being able to go out to the local lakes this summer. However, the trampoline tore a few weeks ago and that was the final straw and I can't justify the $700 + shipping in addition to the money I have already put into it. I don't want to part with it but with a little one on the way this fall I won't have the free and open weekends anymore and I could use the cash.

I'm going to take a classified ad here but does anyone have other suggestions for selling this catamaran?
  • Have you contacted Mystere in canada? it may be a bunch cheaper from up there, esp with the exchange rates being so favorable

the 3 locations to sell a beach cat are here, facebook marketplace, and your local craigslist
  • I bought a new trampoline 2 years ago from a place in Wisconsin (I think) that makes tarps for trucking. It was around $250 if I remember right. I'll post the name of the company on Friday. I don't remember it and the boat is 60 miles away.
  • MN3Have you contacted Mystere in canada? it may be a bunch cheaper from up there, esp with the exchange rates being so favorable

yeah. they were about ~$675.
  • Try Sunrise Yacht Products in St. Pete.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • shortyfoxTry Sunrise Yacht Products in St. Pete.

they are $620-700
  • So, how did the tramp tear? If the thread failed, it's fixable, at least for a season or 2 and would sell faster...

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • I bought my trampoline from Salt City Sailing (www.saltcitysailing.com). They have 3 piece mesh ones for $320 currently and are sewn in-house with great customer support.

--
    Tim Gibson
    1982 Hobie 16 Carumba Sails
    1980 Hobie 14 Cat Fever Sails (SOLD)
    Memphis, TN
    --
  • QuoteThey have 3 piece mesh ones for $320 currently

I looked at that site and they do not offer Mystere tramps.

You are not gonna fit another style tramp on a mystere 6.0
    Mystere's have a very small track for the side boltropes (although it seems there are others with a different track) but you need to have patterns and experience with mystere tramps. they are tricky

Not saying jgregs can't reach out to them, send them his tramp and hope they can replicate it. I do know other manufactures gave up on trying to make a mystere tramp.
  • I apologize, my reading comprehension was turned off...I thought he needed a hobie tramp...

--
    Tim Gibson
    1982 Hobie 16 Carumba Sails
    1980 Hobie 14 Cat Fever Sails (SOLD)
    Memphis, TN
    --
  • jgregsI have been rebuilding a catamaran with the hopes of being able to go out to the local lakes this summer. However, the trampoline tore a few weeks ago and that was the final straw and I can't justify the $700 + shipping in addition to the money I have already put into it. I don't want to part with it but with a little one on the way this fall I won't have the free and open weekends anymore and I could use the cash.

I'm going to take a classified ad here but does anyone have other suggestions for selling this catamaran?

I do understand about the time.. I took almost 10 years off with my kids...

I have a couple of older Tornado trampolines that can be cut down. If interested, ping me

I have the same micro track along the hull and just used 1/8" Dyneema, 3" long with a knot in each end to form a loop. Then just lace the tramp with that.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • MN3
    shortyfoxTry Sunrise Yacht Products in St. Pete.

they are $620-700

And worth every penny... know of a 5.8 tramp that was bought in 2005, and it still looks new..

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.