Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

F17 2016 Olympic class, curved boards-serious gelcoat problem  Bottom

• I bought this catamaran brand new in 2013. After 2 years, I started to notice small cracks in the gelcoat, mostly on the tops. Didn't seem to be very bad, but unusual. Over time it got worse. I thought it could be caused by the factory cover, keeping too much heat when standing in the sun. Had the gelcoat sanded just enough to get rid of the cracks had the gelcoat redone. The cracks reappeared rapidly. Had the gelcoat redone again with a ticker coat. Stopped to use the factory cover and let it uncovered. The cracks are back and now over the full top deck and on the sides also, thousands of cracks, nearly like a broken car windshield. We sanded down to the fiberglass. If doesn't look cracked, seems to be solid, but right under the gelcoat cracks it full of white lines much larger than the cracks (looking like worms). Anybody has seen that?
    I can send pictures, if someone has an idea.

--
    InterF18 Canada
    --
  • There was a report written by a Russian team which detailed problems they had with their first generation N17. See if you can find it with Google.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.