Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tips on shipping oversized/lighter items these days?  Bottom

• Other than finding "...someone going that way...", anyone have any tips on reasonable shipping from Houston to say North Carolina? Specifically, trying to ship Hobie wing for a 21. 11 feet long by 10 inches wide and only about 6 inches deep broken down. The best I've found is like $727, which makes shipping such parts untenable when they're being sold for much less than that. Heck, even if the parts were "free", that's too much money. Sheesh!

Edited by charlescarlis on Jan 03, 2023 - 03:43 PM.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • You can try someting like UShip.com

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • I appreciate the help, but; Yeah - nope. It's the 132 inch long wing that's the killer. Oh well, thinking it's not in the cards to ship cat wings.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Does not cost anything to put it on Uship. You might get lucky and someone is coming your way with a load and can stack it on. I have used them to ship several tractors, boats, and a camper. Many times there is extra room on their trailer.

Pete
  • OK - I get it, now. So they're just optimizing loads. Cool. I saw that as an option, but didn't quite pick up on that side of the site.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • You just post your item with pictures, dimensions, origin, and destination and shippers bid on your load or you can put in the amount that you will pay and they can accept it. No cost to you unless you accept an offer.
  • I had great luck recently with UShip to ship long, thin boat parts. It was actually a bunch of components for a large boat cover frame. I used this shipper and would highly recommend him: https://www.uship.com/service-provider/401061374-s.m.a.r.t.-service-llc. He has a very long enclosed trailer and was transporting a few different loads to different destinations. He added mine for a very good price since it was along his route. You might get some outrageously high quotes, but if you can wait for a while you might get someone who can do it for a good price as an add-on to a delivery they are already doing.
  • Very cool! Thanks!

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • It really helps if you live near an interstate. Had a boat trailer hauled across country, but both ends were in interstate 80, made cost very reasonable.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.