Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P-16 rear lacing line recommendation  Bottom

• Installing new tramp that did not come with rear lacing line. What is a decent recommendation and source?

--
    Dave R.
    Grand Haven, MI
    '84 Prindle 16
    --
  • Really any 1/8" style line. i recommend a double braid as it typically has less stretch. Usually, the cheaper the line, the more the stretch. Ideally, you would want low stretch for the trampoline as the tighter the trampoline, the stiffer the boat becomes. The trampoline does lock in a grid for the hulls and beams system. Just getting into the boat, I don't recommend buying the high tech line just yet. Once you get out of the "make it usable" stage of buying a boat (replacing lines, etc... ), you should go use the boat for a year or two. Then, you can determine if you want more out of the boat or if you are satisfied with what you have. It will probably take a few years to realize that the boat can go faster and it can be more stable.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • I think 1/8" might be a typo. it would hurt your hands tightening it. 3/16" is the thinnest i've used. Narrow nylon tubular or regular webbing also works. I use nylon webbing, but i did repair a tramp lacing on the water with a piece of doubled up 1/8" once. 1/8 could work for you if you are going for light weight and a smooth tramp, but it is thinner than stock.
    If you are ordering line via the www, murrays is a good store for line and parts.
  • I think 1/8th might be correct for the P16. I haven't seen one in a long time, but if I remember correctly, the tramp comes all the way over the hulls and is secured to the rail with small loops. The tightening must be done with thicker line, maybe from the middle like a H16? The nice thing about it, as I remember, is you don't really need skid tape or carpet for traction when trapezing.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.