Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 6.0 Demasting Damage  Bottom

• I woke up today to find out one of the foil connectors snapped on my Nacra 6.0 overnight and the mast fell. The mast itself looks to be intact, however the forward cross beam has a bad gash on it and one of the side stay mounts is bent. Photos attached.

A couple questions for you guys:
    -Should I get the side stay mount replaced or should it be safe enough being bent back in to position?
    -I have a 5.8 forward beam. Does anyone know if this is the same size as the 6.0's forward beam?
    -How SOL am I?

I'm working on tracking down what to do with these two items before I replace all of the stays on the boat. If anyone has a lead on a forward beam please let me know!
    https://imgur.com/irvZVPY
    https://imgur.com/h5DKhqm
  • The shroud plate should be ok I think, unless there is corrosion. What failed? was it the bridle or the plate on the hull?
    The 6.0 beam is 8.5 ft, and the 5.8 is 8 ft, unfortunately. N5.5 also has an 8.5 ft beam, the others (5.0, 5.2, 5.7, 5.8) are 8 ft.
  • Luckily its been on fresh water its whole life so no corrosion. One of the small stays attached to the front foil snapped and down went the mast.

Might just have to try making a new beam from stock or doing a custom extrusion. Not having any luck finding a old beam to replace it so far.
  • QuoteMight just have to try making a new beam from stock or doing a custom extrusion. Not having any luck finding a old beam to replace it so far.

where are you?
  • irondayLuckily its been on fresh water its whole life so no corrosion. One of the small stays attached to the front foil snapped and down went the mast.

Might just have to try making a new beam from stock or doing a custom extrusion. Not having any luck finding a old beam to replace it so far.

If you don’t find a replacement I would cut a section of the 5.8 beam that you have and make a sort of sleeve covering the damaged area, maybe centered, to avoid drilling and riveting close to the mast rod. I did a “field repair” like this on my tiller cross bar, guess it will work on bigger diameter. it might not be easy to deform the piece to match the inner and outer shape, though.
  • MN3
    QuoteMight just have to try making a new beam from stock or doing a custom extrusion. Not having any luck finding a old beam to replace it so far.

where are you?

I'm up in Minneapolis.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.