Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New sailor. Need help with set up in So Cal!  Bottom

• i recently bought a Prindle 16 and am having trouble understanding how to set the catamaran rigging up. i've read the manual but it's very confusing. Is there anyone out there that could help me? happy to pay for guidance. Thank you.
  • Welcome to catamaran sailing sweiss09!

Plenty of experienced cat sailors in Southern California. Introduce yourself, tell us your previous experience and where you plan to sail and we can probably find you someone local.

Have you ever rigged any kind of cat? The Prindle 16 is a great beachcat and not overly complicated. Everyone has to start somewhere we've all been there. So don't be afraid to ask specific questions.
    The first beachcat I ever rigged was a Hobie 18 I bought on a trailer, towed to the lake and with manual in hand it took many hours to figure out. And I was a pretty experienced sailor at the time.

If I had had someone experienced with cats with my it would have taken less than an hour.

Come on SoCal sailors!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hi Scott,
    Welcome aboard.
    Did you buy the Prindle as a kit - lots of disconnected parts?
    Or was it assembled, on a trailer with the mast on rests and the wires connected to the mast and the cat?
    Rigging the jib looks complicated, but is straight-forward once you get it done right.
    Let me know specifically what I can help you with.
    Bob

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Hi Scott,

Where are you located in SoCal? A few of us sail at Lake Perris and are in the inland Empire.

Chuck

--
    Chuck

2008 Nacra A3
    1984 Nacra 5.8 (sold)
    1981 Hobie 16 (sold)

Mt Baldy
    --
  • Hobie Fleet 30 will be at Lake Perris Saturday 5/14. Come on out and meet us a sail cove near the dam. Would be happy to help figure out your rigging.

Where in SoCal are you? We are mostly in the greater Riverside/Inland Empire area.

Hope to meet up soon.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.