Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for a good sail maker.  Bottom

• Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sail maker? I would like to get new Dacron sails made for my prindle cat 18-2. Thanks
  • Whereabouts are you?

There’s a shop in Houston called C&C Sailmakers that’s familiar with cats and likely has some Prindle templates.
  • I’m in south Florida.
  • "Super Sailmakers" might still be in S. Fl., and they have patterns for almost all beachcat sails.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • SCHURR Sails in Pensacola.

--
    Master UniRig Sailor
    --
  • I'm getting a mainsail by C&C pretty soon. So far, Butch has been outstanding to deal with. Be prepared for shortage of whatever type sailcloth you think you might be getting, as availability may change your mind. For me, for the better I'd say.

I would have gone with either Chip at Whirlwind, who seems to be ultra-busy and having difficulty delivering in, what for me is a "reasonable" period of time (YMMV), or Elliott-Patteson, who's also fantastic to deal with. Skip Elliott, though is a wonderful guy, spends time with you, etc. Just he's not local, is a bit more expensive and I think was having difficulty with timely delivery of some materials.

I'll report back with my experience; should have my sail in the next 10 days or so - total, I think 8 weeks for delivery, maybe?

Heard good things about Schurr and Smythe, and have a couple of Smythe sails, which are built really, really nicely.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • You could also check with calvert sails in Florida. No direct experience with them, but a friend likes them
    for beachcat sails.
  • Chip from Whirlwind made me perfect jib for my Gcat 5.7 when I was on a tight time schedule for Everglades to Key West trip. Was reasonably priced and thats not a common jib make.

I have multiple mains from SuperSails in Fort Lauderdale and they have been good fits. Both are dacron and made from their specs on file, I can only assume they would have good specs for an 18.2 as well.
  • Quote can only assume they would have good specs for an 18.2 as well.

He sure does - https://www.whirlwindsails.com/prindle.html

He made me 3 jibs and they were/are superb
  • Thanks Guys! Super helpful!
  • 18-2 Glaser Sails... they raced this boat and we're champions on it for a number of years.. they have made two 18-2 sails for me..

The cost is more, but the quality and support are well worth it.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=131579&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Call butch at C&c Sailmakers in Houston,

Good friend of mine, tell him Chris Holley sent you

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.