Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

N5.8 trailer measurements  Bottom

• Bought a 5.8 with no trailer. Turns out local dealers are just now getting trailers they ordered last August. So I need to build my own and I need a few measurements to make sure it's well balanced. If you have a trailer for your 5.8, I would appreciate your help with the following measurements:
    1. axle to tip of hitch
    2. front cradle to rear cradle center to center
    3. front cradle crossmember to axle

Thanks,

--
    Bert

Prindle 16
    San Juan 21 (former)
    Wayfarer (former)
    Edmonton, AB
    --
  • Can anyone with any 18 ft or 20 ft cat help? I imagine the measurements wouldn't be substantially different.

Thank you,

--
    Bert

Prindle 16
    San Juan 21 (former)
    Wayfarer (former)
    Edmonton, AB
    --
  • I may be buying one tomorrow icon_cool will take some measurements if its a go

--
    Nacra 5.0
    Sunshine coast
    Australia
    --
  • That would be awesome. At this point, I'm trying to scale off photographs. I hope the purchase works out for you. top

Thanks,

--
    Bert

Prindle 16
    San Juan 21 (former)
    Wayfarer (former)
    Edmonton, AB
    --
  • This is my setup. The tongue weight is a bit heavy (makes for better tracking), but you can adjust for your setup. 18ft hobie. https://i.imgur.com/aV4Bl01.jpg

--
    1978 H18
    1983 H18 (some of it)
    --
  • Don't overthink this. You need to only be concerned with the length. Except for the frame, most cat trailers are put together with U-Bolts making everything adjustable. The cross pieces can be moved fore and aft on the frame. The rollers and or cradles can be moved to the exact width of the boat. It will be either 8 or 8 1/2 ft. The yoke can be positioned anywhere along the tongue. The axel can be positioned anywhere under the frame. Same with the springs. Don't be too concerned with measurements. Get your boat on the trailer and move stuff around until it's right.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • Thanks, 'Raisehull'. Those measurements are very close to what I scaled off a picture. I do like the heavier tongue for travelling.

Bill, overthinking is exactly my problem. I'll be starting with a 4x8 folding aluminum trailer and ubolt a 10' long 2x2 aluminum frame on top, Catrax cradles on the ends of the cross members. I'll be able to move the frame easily. For the length, I will bolt in a 2x3 aluminum rectangle under the trailer frame, relocate the chains and coupler, add the mast support and wiring extension, and its done. All of this easily removable if I need the utility trailer. Just need to figure out a sailbox.

Thanks guys.

--
    Bert

Prindle 16
    San Juan 21 (former)
    Wayfarer (former)
    Edmonton, AB
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.