Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

is spongy sandwich stiffening normal?  Bottom

• Hey folks

Do anyone have seen and felt soft structural sandwich stiffening in the inner of the hulls?
    Through an inspection cover i could feel some spongyness of the bracing. The single sandwich plate with about 10mm of thickness stabilize in sectional direction. I was able to squeeze the cutted edge of that bracing for maybe 4mm. Many of those nicely cut sections are in the hulls. All nice and clean manufactured, in good care condition like the rest of the visible inner hulls at four inspection covers. The hulls felt very stiff and hard, no weak spots.

I never felt soft sandwich parts before, thats why i am so curious about that.

Here is the story behind.

I looked at a Capricorn last weekend. It seems to be very good boat from 2004. The hulls where nice and shiny with not a single Scratch. The clamps and stuff which are mounted to the platform showed some fading due to the UV. Unfortunatly the laminate sails where quite worn, the luff felt like paper towel. Here is to say that the sails where'nt the original ones. Also some aluminium corosion at the wet end of the rigg could be found but they seemed not that bad. Rudderparts showed quiet good also. Despite this it felt like a very nice boat with all that nice modern F18 stuff.

I didn't think of take photos which was quite dump.

Maybe some of you have an idea. There are many good people here.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.