Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

nacra 450 jib traveler upgrade  Bottom

• https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=133960&g2_serialNumber=3

I just added the Kisme Jib traveler upgrade to my H16..
    I really enjoy my nacra 450 solo though & wondered about upgrading the 450's jib to be on a traveler setup similar to the hobie's , thoughts?..
    the Nacra 460 sport has a jib traveler setup.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O32VKj5E9Z4

Edited by carl2 on Sep 02, 2021 - 09:59 AM.
  • From the picture looks like you have the legacy 4.5 or 450. Nacra's upgrade on the newer boats was a self tacker and was an option, different system than the H16 upgrade. Self tackers make solo sailing butter. It will cost more than what you added to the H16.

If you have the older round beams, and want to do something similar to the H16, you can add tracks and a bunch of hardware and lines, but I don't see how that will make it easier to sail.

You can also retrofit a self tacker to the older boats if you like. Jib traveling with a self tacker is super simple with a single line and cleat. Plenty of options there.

--
    Philip
    --
  • right, I have the round beams, she is easy to sail solo the way she is.. was wondering about being able to control jib slot for faster sailing.. I have to reach forward anyway to uncleat and pull jib to other side when tacking.. almost wondered if I could'nt add the jib tracks from Murray's & the hobie kisme kit right to the round rail.. the bungee chord pulls the traveller back in after uncleating.. jib slot is the easy to set where you want..

maybe not worth the effort
    the series C track is 30 bucks each.. would the round cross beam handle this & add Kissme kit for 235.. if fit you could control jib slot easily

Edited by carl2 on Sep 02, 2021 - 10:40 AM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.