Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Merchandise  Bottom

• I have had a run of bad luck with ball caps being lost at sea and I am in need of another. I thought it would be cool to rep my Nacra, but they only have like 2 hat colors available. Anyone have the old Nacra logo file? I might splurge on a custom hat.
    https://webshop.nacrasail…cra-sailing-cap-trucker/

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • I mean, I dig the merch as much as the next guy, but dude, that's a $50 USD hat.

If I may... A few years back I scanned the old Caterpillar hat logo (not the new one with the triangle), and replaced "CAT DIESEL POWER" with "CAT SAIL POWER" (in the correct fonts, of course). I've been looking for an excuse to have a bunch of them embroidered as patches, though it's possible we could just skip that step and have it embroidered directly onto the hat.

Any interest?

Edited by jonathan162 on Aug 11, 2021 - 04:24 PM.

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • I actually own an embroidery machine. I've never done embroidery with it though.

--
    Bryan in Poplar Grove, IL
    Supercat 17, unknown year. Future project
    Hobie 16, 1977 - died a spectacular death https://youtu.be/Y7O22bp2MVA
    Hobie 16, 1978 - current boat
    --
  • Cool. Want me to throw you my file?

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • To save people the search for the old cat logo.
    http://cdn.shopify.com/s/…00x1200.jpg?v=1620095235
    I am not crazy about the yellow, but it is clever.

Yeah, for $50 I bet I can have the hat any way I want. I would be much more upset if I lost a hat I actually paid for. I mostly get them from vendors. I am trying to get a light colored hat for this south Alabama sun.
    I ran golf tournaments for my ASHRAE chapter and we would have shirts embroidered with custom logos. It was like $5-$7 per shirt plus the cost of the shirt. Essentially I could buy 2 hats and have logos put on for the cost a "modern" nacra hat.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • jonathan162Cool. Want me to throw you my file?

Probably not yet! Having just finished up my second H16 project, I need to finish my airplane project before I learn to use the embroidery machine. Plus I have to upgrade the floppy drive to a flash drive emulator.

--
    Bryan in Poplar Grove, IL
    Supercat 17, unknown year. Future project
    Hobie 16, 1977 - died a spectacular death https://youtu.be/Y7O22bp2MVA
    Hobie 16, 1978 - current boat
    --
  • No problem, I understand "oversubscribed". If anyone's interested, though, lemme know. I can have them done by a little local house, should be pretty cheap even in small quantities.

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    --
  • Pre Covid we used to get stuff like that done in Shanghai or Incheon, Korea. Cost was only a couple of cheap beer.
    I asked the lady what the machine cost, she said $10K, USD!

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • that's funny, Robert - I actually KNOW what ASHRAE is and have worked in those standards for years... Small world; Healthcare ASHRAE for me and construction...

A bit off topic, but hey we got to stick together.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • HVAC geeks. Whoda thunk?

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.