Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Square top main for a Dart 18  Bottom

• Hello all,
    Can you all suggest a sailmaker for a black square top main for a Dart 18? I live on Kent Island so someone in the Annapolis area would be good.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • chip from whirl wind is the man!
    he is not close - sorry
  • MN3chip from whirl wind is the man!
    he is not close - sorry

Thanks! I just emailed him.
  • cool - i am very happy with my sails from him
    i would request a tube delivery to avoid wrinkles - i wish i did that
  • Unless you really want a square top I'd suggest a fathead instead. Battens are easier to pack away and it doesn't stick as much in the mast track. Makes a bigger difference than you might think.
  • Unless you really want a square top I'd suggest a fathead instead. Battens are easier to pack away and it doesn't stick as much in the mast track. Makes a bigger difference than you might think.
  • iridianUnless you really want a square top I'd suggest a fathead instead. Battens are easier to pack away and it doesn't stick as much in the mast track. Makes a bigger difference than you might think.

Thanks for that info. I have just sent an inquiry to Forward Sailing asking about the fathead.
  • So, what generally are the differences, pros/cons between a pinhead, fathead and squaretop mainsail?
    I've personally only sailed catamarans with squaretops, monohulls with pinheads and there's no comparison between those two.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Recommend Glaser Sails.. the built one for a local Dart 18 sailor and he swears buy it.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnESRecommend Glaser Sails.. the built one for a local Dart 18 sailor and he swears buy it.

Olympic builder/ shop should produce incredible sails

i think the main (pun intended) questions are
    are you going to race? do you sail in a fleet that you NEED to outsail?

do you want to pay top dollar to a large loft or go with a more economical sail (slower)?
  • QuoteSo, what generally are the differences, between a pinhead, fathead and squaretop mainsail?

expensive
    really expensive
    I think i am gonna throw up

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.